Forum

Post subject: London to paris for GOSH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 pm 
Hi all,

Emma and I have registered and been accepted to ride from London to Paris with discover adventure (on the road I am afraid!) So in memory of Freddie Wark we are raising money for Great Ormond Steet hospital and we are collecting sponsorship for this wonderful cause at
www.justgiving.com/tomandemmaparis

in 2012 my cousin, Freddie Wark, was diagnosed with a rare Rhabdoid tumour.

Freddie received exemplary treatment at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital during his battle with cancer and his family also received support from the hospital. Little touches like having a bed in Freddie's room meant Mum or Dad could stay overnight and ease the pressure of travelling backwards and forwards to London.

Freddie sadly lost his battle to cancer in April 2013 at only 22 months old and it is with great honour that Emma and I will be cycling from London to Paris on 30th July in his memory.

So we are not only raising money for Great Ormond Street to ensure they can continue to support other poorly children and their families, but also to raise awareness of Rhabdoid cancer and the work which is being undertaken at Newcastle University to help identify treatments.

Freddie's Mummy and Daddy have written about their journey here: www.justgiving.com/WaxingforFreddie
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Any help towards this fantastic cause will be greatly appreciated. Also tips for long distance road riding may come in handy!

Many thanks,
Tom

Post subject: Re: London to paris for GOSH
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 am 
Done, and good on you, best of luck :thumbup:

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

Post subject: Re: London to paris for GOSH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 am 
Thanks very much!

Did a 60miler last weekend with stops average 13mph so getting there!