Forum

Post subject: Allow myself to introduce..... myself also new to the site
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm 
Hello.
i thought i'd join the forum as the nearest dh to me is essex/herts area. i live in norfolk and its pretty flat.

i returned to dh last year after 10 years off. i've been riding aston when i can, and i did a mr blings race, came last and broke a rib in practise but would lke to ride/race there again.

i only have a couple of mates who ride dh and one of them is buggering off to live in morzine!

Always interested in riding with new people, everyone i've met who rides have been friendly.

Danbury interests me: would it be worth a visit? its about 2 hours drive from me.
Sorry for the waffle.
Cheers.
Tom

Post subject: Allow myself to introduce..... myself also new to the site
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 am 
Hey Tom :)

Know what you mean as I'm currently up in Norfolk for a week's holiday, staying on Winterton.

I've been riding the dunes, to make my miles harder and similar effort to my usual back down in Essex :)

I've yet to to Danbury properly but by all accounts it's good fun

Cheers,
Ev

Post subject: Re: Allow myself to introduce..... myself also new to the si
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 am 
thomlikesbikes Howdie!
welcome on board!
Danbury is a lot of fun, not really DH but lots of jumping and drops, or if you like it some quality XC.

How did you get into DH if your from flatlands?

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:03 am 
VW-surfbum wrote:
thomlikesbikes Howdie!
welcome on board!
Danbury is a lot of fun, not really DH but lots of jumping and drops, or if you like it some quality XC.

How did you get into DH if your from flatlands?

hi there, danbury seems worth a look then.

i got into DH from working a summer job at Ison Distribution. I went along with them to the KIS 4X races (Bicycle supercross it was called then) and at KIS they also had winter DH races.

Thats when I got into DH. It was hard keeping up the motivation for it living in norfolk which is why I fell out of it but i moved and discovered some little micro DH trails (20/30seconds) in Mousehold heath norwich and i'm currently building some mini DH trails (about 1min long max) on the north norfolk coast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 am 
Coolio

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:46 pm 
Danbury is deff worth a visit, I was surprised at how steep some of the various drop/jumps are. There is a little run thats been put together that really is quite fun and challenging.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm 
Hello.

Quick question, is Danbury a good place for learning?

I'm not into massive 20ft in the air type jumps like at Sudbourne, but merely want to get comforatable with 3 / 4 / ft drops (I'm OK'ish with 1 / 2 ft drops) and landing tables nicely (so I can progress on to small doubles and airtime).

Is Danbury suitable?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm 
I would say a resounding yes, I'm no jumper, but have been known to practice over there

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:28 pm 
Great. I'll have to get myself over there.

I did try to find the jumps a couple of weeks ago, but I was on foot and it was pelting down ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 pm 
Hey kids im goin to danbury on Friday eve and Warley on sat morning if anyones up for it. It will be a freeride/DH/jump around. I have found that both venues are excellent for learning as there are various jumps and drops of all sizes..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm 
Damo wrote:
Hey kids im goin to danbury on Friday eve and Warley on sat morning if anyones up for it. It will be a freeride/DH/jump around. I have found that both venues are excellent for learning as there are various jumps and drops of all sizes..

dammit i'm working although i will definitely be up for it another time, ive not heard of warley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm 
Hello mate and welcome to the forum - there are a couple lads from suffolk norfolk on here who are into their DH - ive spent a fair bit of time riding with them so ur not alone out there! Those tracks sound interesting - are they special hidden ones?

Also what's over at sudbourne?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:54 pm 
Oh and ill move this over to the Introduce yourself section :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm 
Hi Tom.

Suffolk boy here. Where abouts in norfolk are you? A few of us regulally ride north norfolk, Sherringahm area. Some wicked trails round there and some big arse hills!!!!

Planning to hit Thetford Next Sat, will be a slow ish one as first time on the big since I bust my self up in April.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 am 
martyn748 wrote:
Hi Tom.

Suffolk boy here. Where abouts in norfolk are you? A few of us regulally ride north norfolk, Sherringahm area. Some wicked trails round there and some big arse hills!!!!

Planning to hit Thetford Next Sat, will be a slow ish one as first time on the big since I bust my self up in April.

hey i'm from norwich, so my local trails are the not so secret mousehold heath, they are fun, just keep an eye out for wardens on the side that your not supposed to ride and glass and barbed wire that some friendly walkers put down on our tracks! the side you are allowed to build/ride at is great for gaining confidence in the air. There is a healthy scene and lots of ratty kids with no fear/brakes on bmxs!

my work-in-progress secret trails near sheringham are steep (for norfolk) there is also a 35ft double that one of the guys i ride with sometimes manned up and did last year. Its in need of some tlc though. When these tracks are done will quite happily show people where they are (but don't want them to become too popular)

Thetford feels a bit too flat for me as i ride a kona stinky and last time i rode there i got a bit bored! good to know there are other suffolk/norfolk riders there. let me know if you want to ride mousehold heath instead!