Forum

Post subject: Another new one living in Waltham Abbey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 pm 
Hi all,

I'm a keen biker who moved to Waltham Abbey earlier in the year, so I've spent some time seeking out the good sections of singletrack in Epping Forest by myself.

I also found this site a while ago, but didn't pay too much attention until stumbling across it again tonight. I see there are weekly night rides in the forest, and occasional weekend rides. I'd be keen to join in some time soon... maybe next week.... meet some new people and hopefully find some new sections of trail.

I'd say I'm a half decent rider (although I don't really do jumps!) and I'm fitter than average!

Cheers, Campbell

Oh, and because I know it's probably going to be one of the first things I get asked on here..... I ride a pretty customised Trek Fuel and have almost finished building up a 1x10 On-One hardtail.

Post subject: Re: Another new one living in Waltham Abbey
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm 
Welcome to the forum, Campbell.

See you at epping sometime.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:34 pm 
Hello mate - where did you move from? Quite a few riding options nearby if you hunt them out and lots of knowledge on this forum.. Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 pm 
Hi,

I lived in Nottingham for a long time - very little of interest on my doorstep in terms of mtb terrain. Very much pleasantly surprised with how conveniently close and decent Epping Forest is - only takes me 10mins on the road to get there!

Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 pm 
Yea huge fan of the forest - the 1*10 hard tail will be a weapon round there come summer.. make sure you check out Broxbourne too.