Forum

Post subject: Another Newb! Horndon on the Hill, Essex
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm 
Afternoon all,

Just a quick post to say hello, and see if any of you are local to me and up for some riding. Not an unusual story for me I think - used to be heavily into MTBing in my teenage years, big rides every Sunday, lots of training and got to a decent level racing..... Then car, beer, girls, beer, girls, car, etc got in the way. You get the picture!

I own a nice Gary Fisher I picked up s/h a few years ago but its not really seen as much use as it should and I really want to get out riding in groups again before my fitness completely deserts me! (37 now). I've played around Thorndon a couple of times, occasionally some trails around Laindon (nearest place to me) but don't mind lobbing bike in boot for a meetup.

cheers,
Steve

Post subject: Re: Another Newb! Horndon on the Hill, Essex
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm 
Hello Steve..we must all ride past each other in Thorndon!!..whats over Laindon,anything good?..Z

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:39 pm 
Nothing all that exciting, and the bits that would be fun are walkers only (although we seem to cohabit just fine with courtesy & co-operation). Its just the closest reasonable bit of off road to me.... But definitely looking to get out to better places and bigger groups!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:00 pm 
Hi steve, i'm located in stanford-le-hope and langdon hills is my local hack and i can string 20 odd miles together round there no problem.
I will be over there either sat or sunday as i'm on call and need to stay local. drop us a line if you're up for it.
Cheers
Clay

--------------------------------------
Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:28 pm 
Cool, I'm probably getting out Sunday morning will drop you a PM if so. Not sure I can hack 20m though! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:12 pm 
Thought I'd bump this back up just in case anyone else fancies a ride this Sunday, although given my current fitness levels its not going to be anything spectacular! :D