Forum

Post subject: Another newbie in Colchester
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Hi, fairly new to mountain biking, I used to do a lot of road racing about 20 years ago beforegetting married and having kids. I broke my leg last year playing rugby and thought cycling would be good for getting fitter. I recently agreed to do the south downs way in june with some of my team mates so I need to be fit by then. I work nights so im free during the day if anyone fancies a blast through friday woods/donyland woods. Im old(43) and unfit so be gentle with me. Andy

Post subject: Re: another newbie in Colchester
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:31 pm 
Hi and welcome to the forum, i'm new here my self lol. What do you ride?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 pm 
Hi james, I ride a mongoose tyax super , its a mid range bike.its a hard tail with a couple of upgrades. The forks arnt that good but overall its not to bad, it has a fast feel to it and suits me just fine for the sort of riding im into.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm 
I'm a hard tail fan. I only ride a mid range trek with a few upgrades my self lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:04 pm 
Hello mr bellyflop..i rode in friday woods on boxing,a thing called man vs bike..u ever heard of it?..if im ever up your way ill pm ya..be nice to go back there..Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm 
Hi banjoboy, ive never heard of man v bike but if it involves bikes blasting through friday woods then im sure it would be a hoot. I have a loop that I do that goes rowhedge then up the hill to donyland woods then down to fridaywoods, its pretty good but you do get a few dog walkers. So yeh if your ever up in colchester then give us a shout, perhaps we could get a few of us out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm 
banjoboy wrote:
hello mr bellyflop..i rode in friday woods on boxing,a thing called man vs bike..u ever heard of it?..if im ever up your way ill pm ya..be nice to go back there..Z

Many years ago, one Boxing Day I rode in a race in Friday Woods - I was a member of Colchester Rovers CC, riding a cyclocross bike (well actually it was my road bike with a few mods), against Colchester Athletic Running Club. could that be the same thing that is now called Man vs Bike? (The runners always beat us by the way!)

When I say many years ago, I'm not joking, I've just realised it was back in the late 70's !! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am 
No wonder the runners won was the round wheel inveted that long ago in colchester...lol

--------------------------------------
trees dont move!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am 
Ha ha very funny ! - I was racing as a schoolboy in those days.

Yes, it's true - I am officially OLD!