Forum

Post subject: Back on the bike!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm 
Hey all

It's been a pretty long while since I was last on here and there are lots of new faces so thought I'd say a quick hello :wave:

I'm finally back on my bike after missing most of last year after breaking my ankle in May. First ride back was Broxbourne Woods on Xmas Eve - was amazing to be riding again!

Have been doing a fair bit of XC since - a couple of trips to Cannock and the Peaks but mainly out in Broxbourne most weekends with my dog. Should be back on the DH bike as of next month :D

Am keeping an eye on the rides being posted up and will hopefully come out and join you all for a ride very soon!

Post subject: Re: Back on the bike!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 pm 
:D

Hi Beth, good to hear you're back on the bike, bet that made your Christmas! How's the ankle now, do you have full movement in it?

Didn't get out as much as I wanted to last year, so planning to ride as much as I can this year. Started last year well after some training with Jedi, but then holidays and other things got in the way and by the end of the year I was only getting out once or twice a month. Only did one uplift all year :(

Are you still involved with the Chicksands committee or were you spending more time at the Bull Track? Went to chickie a couple of weeks ago and was pleased that the ladder drops are still there and being rebuilt with dirt.

--------------------------------------
I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:17 pm 
Hi Steve, good to hear from you!

Yep, is awesome to be back on the bike! Ankle is fine now, have got full movement back and now it's just a case of building up the strength again - my leg was looking pretty pathetic after so long in the casts!

Haven't been over Chicksands in a while but have been hearing good things about the work that has been going on over there - saw on Facebook that there was a dig day last weekend and that the dual got a revamp - looked good in the pics, definitely planning a trip over there soon!

Sorry to hear you didn't get as much riding in as you'd wanted last year, we'll have to get some uplifts booked in for this year! Where are you riding nowadays, Danbury?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:23 pm 
Hey Beth, glad to hear your back on your bike!

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am 
You're probably fitter than me already with that xc riding! Yep, mainly Danbury unless it's really wet, then hit somewhere sandy instead. Really want to do Cwmcarn and UKBP this year, as well as somewhere new like Triscombe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 am 
Welcome back, Beth.
Great news.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 am 
Hey Beth. Glad your back on the bike. It did sound like a knarley injury! There seem to be rides at all the DH places almost every week on here so hope to see you out for a ride soon. I bet the dog is glad to have another person to chase round the woods! Has Tom been riding much?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm 
Cheers guys :thumbup:

Steve - Cwmcarn and UKBP are definitely both on my list for this year too, haven't been to Triscombe, what's it like?

Hey Jon, how's life treating you? Hopefully will get out and join you guys for both some DH and some XC soon! Tom's not been riding that much other than XC with me and the dog. He went to Andorra in the summer and had a fairly big crash so was off the bike for a while after that but is fine now and desperate to get out on his new bike - he's sold the Blindside and bought a rather nice Morewood Makulu instead!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 pm 
Haven't been Triscombe yet, but a few from here have been and it looks good fun, plus you get a lot of uplifts in a day! There's a video in the gallery from last May. Hopefully do an uplift April time, probably start with Cwmcarn as it's okay if it's wet and save UKBP for the summer.

Tom doing XC? Think we need a photo as proof - I just can't picture that!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:30 pm 
Lifes good Beth. I broke my hand punching jedis wallride mid summer so was out for about 2 months but healed well.

Since then have done Triscombe a couple of times, ukbike park.. which has changed a lot and FOD as well as the usual trail riding. Have been enjoying Woburn lots too. Going to be doing switchbacks in 6 weeks as well.

So whats pimpest bike now.. the bethified voltage or the new morewood?