Forum

Post subject: East Tilbury newbie here, HI!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 pm 
:wave: Hi all, thought it was about time I ended my bikes career as an expensive ornament and started riding it again,
and this looks like a really good (and friendly) place to start! I'm off to La Palma in the Canaries with my VT2 in July, so the clocks ticking to lose some flab, and get fit again, so I'm looking to maybe join some of you on the trails. Nothin too strenuous at first though coz as I said I'm not fit and I'm gettin on a bit too (48), so go easy on me! Langdon Hills was a regular haunt of mine in the past so I know it pretty well. I did Xc races there and at Thorndon many MANY years ago, I think my racing days are over now though, just looking for a bit of fun and adventure whilst my old body still works lol. looking forward to hearing from you, cheers, by the way my name's Alan :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: East Tilbury newbie here, HI!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:12 am 
Welcome mate, check the ride sections always something going on

--------------------------------------
I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 am 
Hi matey, i travel down tilbury a bit for work, and i see quite a few MTB'rs, is there decent riding around there? the only hill that i can tell is just past the cross keys?

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 am 
Hi Alan, i'm just down the road from you in stanford-le-hope and langdon is a favorite of mine and get over there as much as i can as its great for the legs. The riders on here are a good bunch, making the most of what little there is to ride in this corner of the world.
No doubt there will be a ride somewhere this coming weekend hope to see you there.
Cheers
Clay.

Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm 
Ta for the welcomes, the hill just past the cross keys at chadwell is possibly Sandy lane? Theres a bit of a down hill track there, where I seem to remember beng chased by some rather vicious dogs. There's not a huge amount to ride around here, but I can string together a reasonable ride with the local bridleways and old cart tracks. If I fancy a quick blast I'm only a couple of minutes from the sea wall here in E Tilb, it's pretty flat, but you can make it fun by utilising some real narrow singletrack that weaves its way across the marshes. Roll on the weekend then!