Forum

Post subject: Evening all...
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:08 pm 
...based in Hadleigh, surrounded by West Woods, Belfairs, Pound Woods, Great Woods so get out every opportunity I can find. Also ride Hadleigh Downs, langdon Hills and Hockley Woods occasionally.

I'm riding either White Spesh Stumpy FSR or of late black/White/orange bits Spesh Bighit. Looking to go and find out if I can hack it at Danbury or Aston?? Could do with following some competent riders around I guess... And could do with some advice on safety gear etc for these spots.

Great info on here.

Laters...

Woz

Post subject: Re: Evening all...
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 am 
Welcome Woz.

safety gear is personal preference, full face and knee pads would be a good start but just ask around when youre riding those places.

:)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 am 
Hi there, seems like you visit some of the same places as me.....see my main thread.. http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/introduc ... -t601.html

I've got a Black Spesh Big Hit, just building it at bthe mo, hopefully will be upand running this weekend (14th - 15th May) and will be going to hadleigh Castle area on Sunday 15th..probably.

Andy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm 
Cheers beardee... I'm investing in knee and elbow pads and a pisspot to start with. If I get the DH bug proper i'll get a full face (if i haven't left mine on a tree by then)!

Andydd - that's a coincidence bike etc i've only just finished building mine up. hadleigh castle should be good for shaking down the bighit. I really only know one decent descent their and it is a bit straight down. Given the terrain it could hold some undiscovered stuff though - at least not by me! Might be giving it another recce over their Sat or Sun so if I see you i'll say hi... I'll be the other nutter with a bike too big for the hill - it's a 2011 bighit3 frame US colour scheme with White boxxers and orange cables!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm 
Hey MrWozza70 - ur big hit would work a treat at Danbury! - orange cables where did you find those!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Karve... I'm keen to give it a try weather permitting on Friday. Hope I don't get spotted trundling along like a first timer;-)

Orange cables from Superstar Components, they have a good range of colurs for a bit of pimping. Easy and cheap little mod - makes my rather low rent brakes feel better in some strange way? Probably just the fresh bleed!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:21 am 
MrWozza70 wrote:
Cheers beardee... I'm investing in knee and elbow pads and a pisspot to start with. If I get the DH bug proper i'll get a full face (if i haven't left mine on a tree by then)!

Andydd - that's a coincidence bike etc i've only just finished building mine up. hadleigh castle should be good for shaking down the bighit. I really only know one decent descent their and it is a bit straight down. Given the terrain it could hold some undiscovered stuff though - at least not by me! Might be giving it another recce over their Sat or Sun so if I see you i'll say hi... I'll be the other nutter with a bike too big for the hill - it's a 2011 bighit3 frame US colour scheme with White boxxers and orange cables!

Cool..........My big hit is all black at mo, but livened up by some Sex Pistols decals. I know the DH run youre thinking of, its a bit more interesting now if you go to the very top as it joins up to the Olympic track and starts with a rather scary steep run, complete with large rocks and roots (as shown in my pics on my other post).

Check out my SportsTracker page at http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... mdb6sr9qb1 which shows my various routes.

Hopefully will be visiting Hadleigh Castle on either Sat or Sun too, probably Sunday.

Andy