Forum

Post subject: Hi fellow mudlovers!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:23 am 
Hi Everyone,

New to the site but been MTB'ing again for about 2.5 yrs. Recently suffered a broken ankle so all my hard work will have gone to waste. But to cheer myself up I'm building myself another bike!

I live in Harlow and am looking for new people to ride with and help me progress my skills. I have a Cotic BFe and just recently acquired a Mythic Banshee that's a wip.

Daniel

Post subject: Re: Hi fellow mudlovers!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 pm 
Hello mate and welcome. Just out of cast myself today so i can sympathise. Have you got he Mythic Banshee Legend - I always get confused as the company has 2 names.

Im about to pull the trigger on a BFE - what are your thoughts on it - how tall are you and what size did you end up going for?

See you out on a ride soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 pm 
Hi Mate,

I've just read back my post, it's a Mythic Spitfire. Banshee is the International name but they can't use it here as Halfords have nabbed it for their Carrera range of full sus bikes.

The Cotic is great, good angles and nice and stable at speed. I got it as I previously had a Cove Handjob and wanted to return to a steel hardtail. I'd heard the good stuff about the Reynolds tubing and decided to give it a go. It's perfect for me as I'm a little more progressive than my friends so I'm not adverse to drops and jumps and hope to get better with practice. It's mega stiff and nothing is wasted powerwise everything goes to the wheel. Does make it quite a handful on bumpy terrain though as there's not a great deal of give in the frame, compared to the Handjob which I imagine is like the Soul, but alas a bit too much of a stretch at the time.

I'm 6'2" and have the Medium 17.5" seat tube and 23.75 Top tube iirc. I always use Top Tube as the main measurement when choosing sizes as you can always easily raise or lower a seatpost!

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:02 pm 
Just a little update with the current steeds:

On-OneC arbon 456

Mythic Spitfire