Forum

Post subject: Hello all from the new bloke in Colchester
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm 
Hi everyone

It was recommended by a guy on bike radar to give this a look as I live in Colchester and am always after new riding buddies, so if anyone is local to me and fancies a bit of a spin let me know?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Hello all from the new bloke in Colchester
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 am 
Welcome, there are a few on here from your neck of the woods (pun intended)

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:26 am 
Hi and welcome!,

I'm in Colchester. Try to get out for a local evening ride midweek'ish and travel for a ride weekends (family commitments allowing). As you probably know can be a bit of challenge to string a good loop in Colchester without a chunk of road but it’s possible! I also head over to Alton Water for a spin, especially if its muddy elsewhere.

Phin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm 
phinw wrote:
Hi and welcome!,

I'm in Colchester. Try to get out for a local evening ride midweek'ish and travel for a ride weekends (family commitments allowing). As you probably know can be a bit of challenge to string a good loop in Colchester without a chunk of road but it’s possible! I also head over to Alton Water for a spin, especially if its muddy elsewhere.

Phin

oh cool where abouts in colchester im up at horkesley, not bad riding to be had in colchester i have managed to put a couple of good 20+ mile loops together and they serve well during the week. do you ever ride with the thomas cycle group on a wednesday eveing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm 
Hi,

I'm in town (bottom of East Hill nr the castle). I've not hooked up with the TCR group before although I know they head out on Wednesday evenings. My riding tends to be Friday woods and the bits south/mersea side of Colchester. I'd be interested to know what's on your side of town.

Do you ever head over to Tunstall over the border in Suffolk? Some ace singletrack there.

Phin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:54 pm 
Not been out that way, there is quite a bit this side ,Oliver's orchard is quite good and there a few little hidden gems dotted about , I also head out brightlingsea way but it's more of a constant spin along the trail

What bike you riding?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am 
Hey Spinner,

Missed your post. Headed out round Friday Woods last night and then over to Iron Latch Lane. Still pretty much a bog, but drying!

I ride an sky blue On One Inbred with white X-Fusion Velvet forks and Gold Sun-Ringle wheels. I won't be hard to spot if you see me out!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
Hi im in colchester aswell just bought a specialized hardrock 2012 sport disc if u fancie a ride sometime let me know

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 am 
Hi,

Gonna post up new shortly as again a newbie to the site. Also Colchester based and like Spinner based in Horkesley (we have to meet up!). I have some routes round Colchester but not many. Found this forum as I work down Brentwood way at the moment so looking to get to know Thorndon.

Spinner - PM me some time and maybe we can get a ride in?

Thx
ian