Forum

Post subject: Hello all
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:33 am 
Hi all,

I'm Hass and reside in the Barking/Ilford area and need to find a group of like minded people who I can spend some hours cycling with. :wave: :thumbup:
I'm pretty unfit and have only just restarted mountain biking (from my teen years) a few months ago and so far, have been mostly riding around local parks which is getting pretty boring. :crazy:

I went to Surrey Hills once and really want to get into more 'not too serious' downhill and skills practising thing.
Not keen on traveling too far as it is a pain to get the bike into my car without disassembling all the wheels etc..

Really want to cycle with others of beginner level and make some new friends. Don't get time to do this due to the usual hectic work/family life.
Hoping their are some dates for October in Epping to start with.

Cheers all, looking forward to the rides.
regards
Hass

Post subject: Re: Hello all
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 pm 
Hey Haas, I also lived in Barking and on my 5th month mountain biking now, so i'm also a beginner in this
I've been tagging along in Martin's group ride at Epping for few times and it's been awesome, they have ride every week most of the time, highly recommend it

Another option is to start from Leytonstone High Road station and keep going north through the forest patch, been doing that on my own for few times too. I can show the trail if you want, I won't be fast though as again I'm also a beginner in this :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm 
Hey Bondhan,
cool to find someone local. I'm going Epping on Sunday 5th so hopefuly I will see you there... if we get left behind we can go at our own pace lol:)

I want to investigate Epping and Thorndon a lot more as I'm really more interested in technical/downhill trails first and then into just riding although.. I think its really just about the rush.

Let me know if you'll be in Epping on Sunday.
cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:44 am 
Sounds great, not going there this Sunday as i've got other plan
Will join the next one hopefully :)
Edit - plan changed, going there Sunday now, see you there