Forum

Post subject: Hello from dagenham
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 am 
Well thought I'd take the plunge and say hello to you all, I'm kim, a single mum who is just beginning to get into biking again. Just bought a basic bike for now which I'm hoping to make my project.

Happy riding people

Post subject: Re: Hello from dagenham
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 am 
Hi Kim and welcome, you will find a friendly bunch of people on here and tond of help if and when you need it. Good luck with your project and hopefully we will see it out on the trails?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 am 
I'm hoping to get to Epping as I'm eager to test the bike a bit so hopefully will catch some of you guys there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 pm 
Great stuff... and welcome to the forum :) Nothing like a project over winter to get stuck into. Keep an eye out on the forum for rides!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 pm 
Hi Furbs/Kim welcome to the forum, yeah as previously stated, good bunch no egoists. If yer thinking of epping Im normally
riding there weekends and more often than not get lumbered as the guide lol. Its all fun and we only ride as fast as the slowest.
Any problems with riders we can always break off and im only to happy to show the slower riders around. I enjoy the social aspect
as much as the rides well most of the time . Anyhow hope that eases any anxiety you might have about meeting and riding with new
people, Good luck and happy riding. :clap: :D

--------------------------------------
Its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 am 
Hi m8 & welcome to the forum ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 am 
ninja wrote:
Hi Furbs/Kim welcome to the forum, yeah as previously stated, good bunch no egoists. If yer thinking of epping Im normally
riding there weekends and more often than not get lumbered as the guide lol. Its all fun and we only ride as fast as the slowest.
Any problems with riders we can always break off and im only to happy to show the slower riders around. I enjoy the social aspect
as much as the rides well most of the time . Anyhow hope that eases any anxiety you might have about meeting and riding with new
people, Good luck and happy riding. :clap: :D

Word :thumbup:

exactamondo- change epping to danbury in my case!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:41 am 
Welcome Furbs :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

There are rides out most weekends and best to keep an eye on the rides section for the latest updates...

If you have transport available to get to some other locations.. it opens up a whole new riding experience.... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:50 pm 
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I don't think I'm that slow but don't have any sense of direction :D

And sadly no other form of transport apart from the public type

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:07 pm 
Hi furbs.if you are eager to get out i could head to epping in the morning,chances are a few more would be up for it.if not there`s usually a ride on sunday.have you looked into train links?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Ingrebourne River park down by Dovers Corner has some off roady type stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:39 pm 
Ingrebourne is good for a quick blast. It goes from near the cherry tree and has a bike specific track that has uphill switchbacks, downhill berms a berm/pump track and a double rhythm section. Not difficult at all even for beginners. It also connects up to havering country park which leads all the way to upminster bridge station. The other way from the cherry tree/dovers corner end you can ride all the way to the rainham marshes, along the Thames to the RSPB centre. Again nothing technical but a good long ride. I usually go for a quick blast there if I have some free time as I live close to it. Worth a try if you want a ride and don't have excess to transport. Welcome aboard.

www.gw-designs.co.uk/home

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 pm 
Furbs wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I don't think I'm that slow but don't have any sense of direction :D

And sadly no other form of transport apart from the public type

your be ok with me and festa then, we have a knack of getting lost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:47 pm 
Hi Kim welcome :wave:

Greg wrote:
Ingrebourne is good for a quick blast. It goes from near the cherry tree and has a bike specific track that has uphill switchbacks, downhill berms a berm/pump track and a double rhythm section. Not difficult at all even for beginners. It also connects up to havering country park which leads all the way to upminster bridge station. The other way from the cherry tree/dovers corner end you can ride all the way to the rainham marshes, along the Thames to the RSPB centre. Again nothing technical but a good long ride. I usually go for a quick blast there if I have some free time as I live close to it. Worth a try if you want a ride and don't have excess to transport. Welcome aboard.

this is a nice ride me and me dad often ride here although the havering country park does get a bit busy on a sunday morning with dog walkers

another place i like riding local is over the back of the chase (elm park side) and its usually pretty quiet :)

Lee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm 
I sometimes ride the chase as well and usually do the elm park end and then round to Barking college and back over to Brettons for a quick blast.

www.gw-designs.co.uk/home