Forum

Post subject: Re: Hello from Romford.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am 
Wanted to come on one of the Thorndon rides at the weekend but had a stinking cold.
Peterfb, is that a Rockrider 9.2? Any good? I had a pedal around Decathlon on one the other week, seems a good do-it-all bike for the money and quite tempted. Nice spec and its a lot lighter than most full sussers for that price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 am 
chatman wrote:
Daz wrote:
It's not really Land Rover by name and by nature.................it's not made of rust lol.

I'm really looking forward to using it properly. I've been watching loads of the video's on the front page of the website and it looks so much fun, although some just look painful lol. Nick has told me I'll learn to fall off sooner rather than later so that will be fun too, lol.

My legs are a big knackered today though.

Nick will show you how to fall off, but normally at silly speeds and at a big height as well... We all learnt early on, to not follow him off into the jumps... He does work for the perfect place as well though hahahahahah

I've noticed that with Nick lol. He's a nutter lol. I won't follow him over the jumps just yet.......or for a few years lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 am 
ParfedOut wrote:
Wanted to come on one of the Thorndon rides at the weekend but had a stinking cold.
Peterfb, is that a Rockrider 9.2? Any good? I had a pedal around Decathlon on one the other week, seems a good do-it-all bike for the money and quite tempted. Nice spec and its a lot lighter than most full sussers for that price.

The frame is not bad if you are happy with the travel and the fork
However I ended up upgrading almost all components.
I have the 2011 model, the 2012 has slightly better stock spec.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 am 
Good to meet you on sunday.. thought you did great for a 1st ride!

keep it up and hope to see you on the next one... thats if my sandals have dried out...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 am 
nutsy wrote:
good to meet you on sunday.. thought you did great for a 1st ride!

keep it up and hope to see you on the next one... thats if my sandals have dried out...

Cheers buddy.

I thought I did really bad and felt bad for slowing everyone else up throughout the day.

Looking forward to the next one though.

Post subject: Re: Re: Hello from Romford.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 pm 
Quote:
I thought I did really bad and felt bad for slowing everyone else up throughout the day

Rubbish ;-) Everybody start somewere no one is born with bike skills or fitness.

Post subject: Re: Re: Hello from Romford.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm 
Laser wrote:
Quote:
I thought I did really bad and felt bad for slowing everyone else up throughout the day

Rubbish ;-) Everybody start somewere no one is born with bike skills or fitness.

Cheers buddy. I'll get there I'm sure......not quite as mad as Nick but I'll get there lol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:41 pm 
Ride at a pace you can maintain mate and dont feel you have to keep up, I was where you are 9 months ago and for various reasons havent got much further but I have learnt not to try and keep up.
If it takes you 5 minutes to get up a hill do so, they will wait if its an open invite, if they dont then they arnt worth riding with.

Trying to keep up and ride everything at the same pace tires you out too quickly and your performace drops significantly more so. Fitnes takes time, I dont have the strenghth in the legs to drive up hill so dont try to do so, its something I need to work on when out on my own, especially as I may have stupidly agreed to do something involving riding the South downs way next year :crazy:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:08 am 
AgentOrange wrote:
ride at a pace you can maintain mate and dont feel you have to keep up, I was where you are 9 months ago and for various reasons havent got much further but I have learnt not to try and keep up.
If it takes you 5 minutes to get up a hill do so, they will wait if its an open invite, if they dont then they arnt worth riding with.

Trying to keep up and ride everything at the same pace tires you out too quickly and your performace drops significantly more so. Fitnes takes time, I dont have the strenghth in the legs to drive up hill so dont try to do so, its something I need to work on when out on my own, especially as I may have stupidly agreed to do something involving riding the South downs way next year :crazy:

Cheers buddy.

Will work on my fitness and stamina to build that up. I know I'll enjoy it much more if I can ride at a faster pace too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm 
Slowly slowly catchey monkee! And trust me, monkees you will catch!
I don't know if your able to? But can you ride to work?

--------------------------------------
Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:44 pm 
shouldgetoutmore wrote:
Slowly slowly catchey monkee! And trust me, monkees you will catch!
I don't know if your able to? But can you ride to work?

Not really. Mainly because there are no showers and I just can't face sitting at a desk all day feeling sweaty lol.

Oh and my fitness must be improving already as a few weeks ago I felt like death after a few km's on the road, yet last night I went out for a 40minute ride and covered 11km and felt tired at the end but not like death lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 pm 
Is there a gym near work ?

Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:02 pm 
nwmlarge wrote:
Is there a gym near work ?

Nope. But with moving to Chelmsford soon I think me and the other half are gonna join up at Riverside and use the gym there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm 
Check ride calender for monday this ride out could be tuesday bcoz of weather!
its purely a fitness builder!!

trees dont move!