Forum

Post subject: Hello :-)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 pm 
A month or so ago a friend introduced me to moutain biking, my first ride was around belfairs and then over to hadleigh farm and I have become addicted, ditched my CBR Tornado and purchased a CUBE Hardtail.

I read about Danbury so headed over there (from southend) and must say I really enjoyed all that down hill biking and the rush I got from dropping into what I think regulars call the canyon (which I since been told not everyone does)

as much as I enjoyed the rides, the walking back to top wasnt really for me, I think I am more of a XC rider, yesterday I headed out on 25 mile XC ride, riding across random fields, bridle ways ect and finishing up in Hockley woods before riding back to southend.

are there groups of people that do these sort of things that a beginner can join for a ride in my sort of area.

any hints, tips or advice more then welcome

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Hello :-)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 pm 
Welcome! Lots of riders on here from around your area. Take a look at http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mountain ... t3031.html You'd be more than welcome to join in!

Post subject: Hello :-)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Myself and a bunch of guys regularly put in loads of mikes all around Hockley, Belfairs, Daws Heath, Hadleigh, etc...

We tend to head out early Sunday morning if weather is good (7 am) for good long ride, 18-24 miles depending on route.

We also head out in the week of an evening too.

I'll let you know if we're out this Sunday

Post subject: Re: Hello :-)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am 
Yup we're out in your neck of the woods (boom-tish) each week, but this is confusing....

Quote:
as much as I enjoyed the rides, the walking back to top wasnt really for me, I think I am more of a XC rider,

there are very few who like riding back up, they tend to be the XC'ers..... ???

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride