Forum

Post subject: Hellpp !
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 am 
Hello everyone,
I need your help guys, i m kind of new to bikes, i have cheap mountain bike which i ride it with my dogs at parks & i got used with that, i ll go almost every day now, anyway ..i have a small problem, i m looking to take a step forward, to buy a nice bike ! But in these days it s very hard to choose when you have so many! I ve looked on internet at some bikes & i ve found the best bike i think, she s s beauty!! Her nane is stump jumper evo 2013 !:) i have found one in very good condition on ebay with 1500£. ( size large, i m 5'11 (180cm) some says that i need a large & the rest that i need an medium..so really don t know what to look for)
Another great bike that i like is trek remedy 9.8 which i think i can find her around 1000!
Before these two bikes..i had my eyes on cube ams series, good looking bikes..but everybody says that the stumper jumper evo is number one! What do you guys think?! Can you highly recommend one of these bikes? Or other bikes?!
I will ride it everywhere, on my way to the gym, local, forest with my dogs.. I m really interested to try sone downhill after a while.
Thank you & sorry for my english, i m still learning.

George

Post subject: Re: Hellpp !
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:58 am 
Nobody?? Is this forum active?:))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:18 am 
Looks wicked what is your area

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:09 pm 
Have you got a link for all of the bikes that you are interested in?

Also, how much/extream downhill do you want to do? Danbury Common and Aston Hills are both down centers for exaple but are compley different leagues

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
Hi Diez2u - I dont thnk you got much of a response because the questions you asked are hard to answer effectively, without more info. All the bikes you mentioned are good, but if they are good for you is a harder question.

I think for people making the transition from cheap bike to first real MTB, the best first stop is a good local bike shop who can walk you though sizing, and what price range would best suit what your trying to do. Its hard to offer meaningful advice online. Really good hardtails can be had for £600 or so...

http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/v ... view-2013/

and i think you need to be riding some reasonable terrain before needing to spend more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:16 am 
I ve just moved in dagenham from Romford.
I don t have any link to the bikes, i ve just looked on pinkbike at " post your all mtb" & after that i have search them on ebay..because i can t afford to buy a new one. All the bikes mentioned are 2012/2013 model. I ve just seen another great one on ebay , specialized status 2 . Which is a bit cheapest then stumpjumper evo( my favorite) .

Jon, i don t want to invest in a hardtail bike& after 2 months to try and sell that bike to be able to buy an all mtb !or full suspension ..because i will definetly try some downhill after 2/3 months of riding the new bike.
Anyway, i m still negotiate with the guy who have the stumpjumper evo on ebay. I have only 1300 all my money and he dont wanna leave the bike lower than 1450. Is it really worth that money the evo? Or a cube ams pro at 1000 May be as good as evo?! How about that specialized status 2 ?!
Thank you & sorry for late reply, been busy with work. Thanks god its weekend:)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 am 
A status is a full on downhill bike, you really won't want to pedal it on any flat or up hill when going to the gym or ride with the dogs. Status are brilliant dh bikes but are a one trick pony. Most modern all mountain bikes/enduro/long travel trail bikes can do a bit of downhill but are all able to pedal back up as well

RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:18 am 
Thank you. How about that evo ?! Is it worth the money, is it anyone on here who ride one ?!