Forum

Post subject: New joiner from Fulham..
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:29 pm 
Hi all,

My name's Nick and after stumbling across essexhertsmtb after a few google searches, it seems I've finally found a decent forum! :)

I'm a 23 year old IT consultant in West London, and moved down from Sheffield 3 months ago after graduating from Uni there. I was very much into bike trials as a teenager but moving to Uni resulted in the bike being sold and I soon after took up a love for motorbikes in stead..... however!

All is not lost!

I'm going to take advantage of a 'bike to work' scheme and get myself a half decent mountain bike where I can hopefully meet up with some of you guys to explore the surroundings!

I don't know what is around here too well, and does anyone else live near me?! I sold my car when moving down here so it's public transport for the minute! :(

I'm an avid snowboarder and photographer, so have a GoPro set up which would be cool to use when I'm biking.. Also i'd be up for doing some photo shoots in summer if we maybe went somewhere decent?

Anyways, please offload all your knowledge about whos around here, when you guys meet up, and I'll work on getting a bike and some kit ASAP!

Look forward to the replies!

Nick

Post subject: Re: New joiner from Fulham..
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:35 pm 
:wave:
See you out on the trails!

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm 
Welcome Nick
Photo shoots sound like a great idea, we are always heading to different and interesting places so shouldn't be too hard to get some cool pics.

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm 
Hey Nick

We love the vids and pics too.. check out the gallery if you haven't already!

Where you are you can get to some great spots by train. Pedal over to Liverpool St and Epping forest is super easy - wicked in the summer and a bit wet and wild in the winter.

Victoria station can take you out to the N Downs (all day epics), Waterloo can get you to Swinley ( Half day trail riding and sessioning stuff) I used to live in W1 and would regularly get a train out to all of those.

We are mainly N London based so tend to hit these up http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/riding_spots.php. From where you are the South West and especially the N Downs might offer the best riding. There have been a few rides out that way over the last year.

Look forward to seeing you out on a ride soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm 
Welcome to EssexHerts, Nick

as Karve said most of the best riding in the south east is near you, north downs and surrounding areas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 am 
Welcome along!!!

Someone mention a photo shoot!!!!.........................Im there!!!! hahaa

Identiti 4x Rider
www.identitibikes.com