Forum

Post subject: New around here!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:19 pm 
Hi everyone, happy to have found what seems such an engaging MTB group! I'm a northerner working down in London now and want to explore some of the trails you have to offer.
I'm after some fun trails that are going to help me improve my jumps/drops skills, which I'm pretty new to.

If anyone is keen what I really think I need is someone to perhaps offer a patient couple of hours helping me dial in technique and also show me some spots to help me improve :)

I live east London way so transport out to Essex is pretty straight forward, and with a little more time can get most places.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

Post subject: Re: New around here!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 pm 
Welcome.

Plenty of local trials/parks to enjoy, I travelled to Aston Hill recently by train and was quite an easy journey, park was great fun, very challenging.

As I'm in Essex, Danbury is my nearest spot which I visit quite a bit, it has some nice jumps/DH runs and plenty of long XC routes which I experienced last night :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:54 pm 
From east London you want to keep heading East out to Danbury (straight down the A12) especially for jumps and a few drops. I guarantee when the weather is decent you can go there at anytime and you wont be alone, and everyone is friendly in the MTB game around here :)

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:21 pm 
Cheers guys! I'll get myself over there soon!
After riding Stile Cop a few weekends ago, i'm keen to check out Aston Hill! Also, what's PORC like? Does it have some smaller sections to help progression!?

If anyone is London based and making some trips (via the train) give me a shout, i'll accompany you and can nerd-off all things bikes...

Cheers again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm 
Met up with another London based rider a few weeks back and went to Aston by train and will prob do some more trips there. Haven't been to porc but from what I've seen it's pretty gnarley maybe not best place to start, Aston has some red runs that are less daunting than the rather massive surface to air, Chicksands has some easier stuff plus is generally softer should you fall :), I'm often getting train to Danbury which is great place to learn/progress, you need to get to Wickford then South Woodham Ferrers from Liverpool St.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:22 pm 
Awesome Andy! Give me a shout when you are thinking of going Danbury, Aston or Chicksands!
You riding midweek or mainly weekends?

I'll PM you my number

Chris

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:17 am 
Normally weekends, unless I have a day off work :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:52 pm 
Hi Chris

Welcome! I often ride Danbury and PORC and Andy is right not a good place to start PORC but a really good place to ride. I am sure we can all hit that up one day, I am away this weekend so I wont be riding Danbury but I am from Wickford and I usually drive over there because its not that far from Wickford. If you would welcome us then i am sure we can meet up for a ride???

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:47 pm 
Hi I'm also new to the site. Been to Dambury a few times now and loving it. I'm witham area so it's not to far for me. Unfortunately I work shifts so can't ride every weekend but want to get out as much as I can.... Let me know when and I'll try and get down there for a ride...
Rob

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:34 pm 
Planning on heading over to Danbury next weekend either sat (31st) or sunday.
Who's on it??

Post subject: New around here!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:37 pm 
Hi Chris. I'll be there Sunday 1st

--------------------------------------
I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:53 pm 
I'll be up for Danbury, providing my bikes ready to roll which I'm hoping it will be :)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:49 pm 
Saturday looks best for me. Anyone going and want's to show me around!?
I'm coming form east London, so will be getting in to Chelmsford - how far is Danbury from the train station?

Anyone else heading out there from London this weekend?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm 
Hiya....... I'm gonna be going on sat or sun and riding up from station with another EssexhertsMTBer from London hopefully.

If you are coming from London its about equal distance to go to Chelmsford or get train to Wickford and then next two stops on Southminster line to South Woodham Ferrers (thats where I normally ride from).

Ride from South Woodham is a bit eaiser/more interesting than from Chelmsford, although you can visit baddow pump/bmx track (and make a fool of yourself in front of the local kids !).

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm 
I look a total toole on a pumptrack - zero steeez!

If you're going on Saturday let me know what times you're meeting at South Woodham and I'll get there for then.
Weather looks great!