Forum

Post subject: Newbie from Bishops Stortford
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 pm 
Hello all,

I'm john and i'm 17 years old and at sixth form, I have had a okay bike for 18 months now but never really used it properly. For those interested its a 2010 gt avalanche 1.0 bought for a steal on ebay!! :D

Recently been riding along the river to get fit but as you can imagine its pretty flat :) I'm really keen to start riding but don't really know where to start hence joining the community. I have ridden bikes since i was young but never been on any proper mountain biking trails and so would class myself as a noob to mountain biking, so hopefully i can learn from some more experienced riders. I'm up for anything so hope to have a good time.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cant wait to get going on the trails with you guys ;)

John

Post subject: Re: Newbie from Bishops Stortford
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am 
Hi mate and welcome to the site, I believe your the lad I met in Bishops the other day? Nice to see you join up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm 
Hey John. I'm quite new hear and from Harlow. Iv already met a few guys off of here and had some wicked days out do you have come to the right place my friend!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 pm 
Hello again, yeah took your advice and joined, hope to see you on a ride sometime. Any tips as to a good ride to go on for a new guy to this group??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:02 pm 
What sort of riding do you like?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm 
I'm not too sure, I like the look of downhill but don't have the bike or balls to go for it. So I think whilst I'm getting into cycling more I would like to go for some cross country as the videos of the single track in Epping looks great. So I'm pretty sure i would like to go to Epping, but are there specific rides for new guys?? Or a big meet where its split ability, I don't want to go to one with fast riders and feel I'm holding them all up :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 am 
There's a few that meet regularly at Epping its all mixed ability. Iv not been personally but i will do. I like abit of every thing but mainly any thing that im gunna get a rush from so mainly downhill, jumps ect...I have a all mountain bike so its a good all rounder so if i fancy some xc i can just use the same bike!

just keep an eye out on the meet threads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 pm 
Thanks bigbrad hope to see you on a ride soon :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:04 pm 
Iv been to epping with the guys a few times and they always hang back for you, its a great atmosphere and you wont be holding anyone back. If your that worried though just hit the tow path and concentrate on building your fitness up. You will soon notice improvements just push yourself a bit each time thats all I do at the moment. Havnt hit any proper trails for a couple of months now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm 
Hopefully be joining a ride next week if there is one and the weather isn't too bad, at the moment just going out on my bike in and around Stortford almost every day. Can't wait to get out on the proper trails though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 am 
Hi also from stortford. you should ride out the much hadham way as theres more hills lol epping is quite fun but you should try thetford as well as there is plenty of xc there