Forum

Post subject: Newbie from Romford
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm 
Hi all, Name is Nick, located in Romford. Turned 50 this year and have been back into biking for about 2 years.

Currently ride a Specialized Pitch Pro 2009. Great bike, does just about everything I ask of it, which to be honest isn't that much.

Generally ride the local country parks, Havering and Hainault along with Bedfords Park. It's mostly XC, but there's the occassional lump to spice up a bit. Also ride Epping when I fancy a longer day as I tend to ride the bike there and back. Have done Bedgebury a few times and will most definitely be going back there again. Did Cannock Chase earlier in August. Need to improve my skills before returning though!!!

I usually venture out most weekends depending on what I have on, and occassionally on evenings during the week.

For my sins, I also road ride to and from London each day. Mainly for fitness and cheapness.

Nick

Post subject: Re: Newbie from Romford
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm 
Hey Nick,

It's a nice bike you've got there definitely more than capable for most of the local stuff. How was Cannock chase I want to get there sometime this year, heard it's got quote a bit of riding. I can't believe you cycle to work in London everyday and I can't usually be bothered to ride 6.5 miles to my work.

Hope to see you out on the trails, although I think I'll have to do some training first to be able to keep up!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:31 pm 
Your a brave man riding into london every day. something iv never fancied.

Welcome, from another newbie

--------------------------------------
Canyon Strive CF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:42 am 
Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

Look out for a short, fat, bald guy on a brown Pitch, grey rucksack and say hi. I'd most likely appreciate the break as I'm not as fit as it may seem.

Cannock is definitely more technical than say Bedgebury. At least from my perspective. I found the switchbacks with steps in particularly difficult to find some rythm. I think my problem was that I was clipped in and I've had so many off's where I couldn't get my feet out quick enough was putting me off. Perhaps it's time to go back to flats. But I'll definitely go again.

Communting in London can be difficult at times. Main problem I find is that car and van drivers under-estimate how fast cyclists are moving when they overtake and want to turn left. I've been caught out a few times like that.

Happy trails.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:33 pm 
Nikko118 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

Look out for a short, fat, bald guy on a brown Pitch, grey rucksack and say hi. I'd most likely appreciate the break as I'm not as fit as it may seem.

Cannock is definitely more technical than say Bedgebury. At least from my perspective. I found the switchbacks with steps in particularly difficult to find some rythm. I think my problem was that I was clipped in and I've had so many off's where I couldn't get my feet out quick enough was putting me off. Perhaps it's time to go back to flats. But I'll definitely go again.

Communting in London can be difficult at times. Main problem I find is that car and van drivers under-estimate how fast cyclists are moving when they overtake and want to turn left. I've been caught out a few times like that.

Happy trails.

Nick

Hi Nick welcome Im new here too and of the more mature nature, im just getting back into riding after being in the wilderness for donkies years so am looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoy some bike riding too. I used to live in harold wood. If im out and about i will be the one sitting on a log trying to get my breath back.

carl