Forum

Post subject: Newbie in Hoddesdon
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:29 pm 
Hi ive just moved to Hoddesdon, ive decided to get into MTB to get fit and have some fun. My question is what areas are good in or near to Hoddesdon and what bikes would you people recommend to get me into it? Any help will be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Newbie in Hoddesdon
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:49 pm 
Is there anyone who can help please?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm 
You have broxbourne woods on your doorstep..as for bikes depends on what you want to do wnd budget.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:59 pm 
Epping is probably your closest place for trails, or broxbourne (but ive not been there so cant comment) all depends on what type of mtb'ing you want to do, XC, DH, 4X, dual, jump? as for bikes that depends on your budget, but there are some great second hand deals to be had on the net. hth

Stu

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 pm 
I was looking at XC and doing some jumps when I get a bit better so was thinking about a hardtail, as for budget I was looking around £500-£750 I looked at the bikes in MBUK this month in the beginners sub 1k but think they were more for jumping and messing around on and not really suited for XC also any shops in or around the Hoddesdon are you would recommend?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 pm 
For info on riding in the area head over here

http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trails.php

For what you want to do you cant go wrong with a hardtail from one the larger brands. Most importantly source it form a good local shop who will support you should you have any issues.

Norcbot on here is from Stanley Bridge Cycles and seems to know his stuff.. also check out Marshall's Cycles in Hertford which Jedi frequents.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm 
For bike shops there's Marshalls in Hertford, Richardson Cycles in Broxbourne or if you dont mind going a bit further Spokes in Epping.

Edit: beat me to it ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:35 pm 
Been and looked at a few bikes now, so far i have seen the Boardman MTB comp, Carrera Fury, Voodoo Bokor and the specialized hardrock disc pro 2011 i was wondering what peoples opinions are of these bikes or if there is better ones i should be looking at for a budget of upto £700 as i see a lot of shops have older models at well discounted prices and i was going to take a trip down to evans as there not a million miles away.