Forum

Post subject: Re: Newbie soon living in chelmsford
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm 
unityjon wrote:
Danbury is such a laugh on my bike i'm totally addicted to it !! the bike is rugged enough to whip ass down the trails there but manageable enough to ride back up (shame the rider isnt fit enough LOL)

If i were to start doing 12ft straight drops then i'd look at full suss but whilst there's a transition i'm more than happy !

What bike do you have??

I cant easily find a hardtail with more then 100mm in the sus for around the 500 mark, had a good look at some bikes earlier the frame shape doesnt seem to be as much as a prob as decent range in suspension.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:02 pm 
Carrera Kraken
120mm and £450 at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 pm 
Hi kellboy junes what mountain bike mag has a 500 pounds starter bike test in it which could be worth a read , they rate the voodoo hoodoo.

Post subject: Re: Re: Newbie soon living in chelmsford
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:53 am 
kellboy wrote:
unityjon wrote:
Danbury is such a laugh on my bike i'm totally addicted to it !! the bike is rugged enough to whip ass down the trails there but manageable enough to ride back up (shame the rider isnt fit enough LOL)

If i were to start doing 12ft straight drops then i'd look at full suss but whilst there's a transition i'm more than happy !

What bike do you have??

I cant easily find a hardtail with more then 100mm in the sus for around the 500 mark, had a good look at some bikes earlier the frame shape doesnt seem to be as much as a prob as decent range in suspension.

Is a dialled bikes - alpine 2 but it's available as a frame only and it's steel! The difference between steel and aluminium is amazing unless you worry about weight!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

--------------------------------------
It doesn't matter what you ride

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:40 am 
johnp wrote:
hi kellboy junes what mountain bike mag has a 500 pounds starter bike test in it which could be worth a read , they rate the voodoo hoodoo.

Just checked out the new model on this, 120mm forks and hydraulic discs, thats the best ive seen on a new 500 or less bike.