Forum

Post subject: Southend single tracker!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:16 pm 
Hey, my name is Ryan i am from southend and getting back into XC/single track.

I have a Boardman FS Team 2010, i have had it for about a year and mainly used for commuting to work and back. I had a 15 mile hack around Hockley woods and got the feel for it again.

Always looking for new routes and cycle buddies for rides, so if your local give me a heads up next time your out!

Post subject: Southend single tracker!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:08 pm 
You've come to the right place Dude :)

Regularly ride Hockley/Cherry Orchard/ Grove...
Also Belfairs/DawsHeath/Hadleigh

Depending on your fitness level and if you like night rides (and have proper lights for it) there's a ride every Tuesday night from outside 'Grips' bikeshop in Rayleigh. Takes in some loops around Hockley (about 7 miles round), then over to Daws Heath, working way back to Rayleigh. Loop is about 15 miles but is fast pace depending on who's out.

Me and a few others will be on it tomorrow night.

Post subject: Re: Southend single tracker!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 pm 
That sounds great, i have a set of lunar 25 lux lights but assume you mean more powerful lights when you say proper lol

Do you do any day riding? I live 5 minute ride from Belfairs and done hockley the other day (15 miles but could easily do more). Was thinking of testing Danbury etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:54 pm 
Welcome rclifton4!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 am 
Tend to get out regularly on a Sunday morning to do one of the local routes or occasional jaunt with bikes on rack over to Epping / Thorndon / Danbury.

I don't know how well you know Hockley woods trails but I rode it 5 or 6 times before going round with somebody who knows the trails and it then got so much better. There were so many routes I didn't know about, etc..

You're more than welcome to join us.. I can let you know when we're heading over for a spin.

re lights, I've no idea how bright those Lunars are, I got myself one of these..http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82510 and it's great.
Beam pattern is a bit 'spot' compared to the popular http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808-ha-iii-ssc-p7-c-sxo-3-mode-900-lumen-led-bike-light-set-904444459 but I'm trying out a mod this evening to alter the pattern of the T6.

I also have a light on my helmet, but it's crap so should be ordering one of these instead to supplement so I can see where I'm looking instead of where the bars are pointing.

Ev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 am 
Welcome rclifton4

Ev, put your main one on your head for tonight until you get another.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am 
SurferEv wrote:
Tend to get out regularly on a Sunday morning to do one of the local routes or occasional jaunt with bikes on rack over to Epping / Thorndon / Danbury.

I don't know how well you know Hockley woods trails but I rode it 5 or 6 times before going round with somebody who knows the trails and it then got so much better. There were so many routes I didn't know about, etc..

You're more than welcome to join us.. I can let you know when we're heading over for a spin.

re lights, I've no idea how bright those Lunars are, I got myself one of these..http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82510 and it's great.
Beam pattern is a bit 'spot' compared to the popular http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808-ha-iii-ssc-p7-c-sxo-3-mode-900-lumen-led-bike-light-set-904444459 but I'm trying out a mod this evening to alter the pattern of the T6.

I also have a light on my helmet, but it's crap so should be ordering one of these instead to supplement so I can see where I'm looking instead of where the bars are pointing.

Ev

They are actually a lot cheaper than i thought, especially for the light they seem to beam. i will look into getting one on payday and let you know when im ready for a night ride.

My mate knows hockley quite well but i personoally only know 2 routes so more ways around there would be more fun. Thanks for the help and warm welcome,

Also must look into buying a boot bike carrier as squeezing my bike in a 206 gti is no fun haha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:38 pm 
rclifton4 wrote:
SurferEv wrote:

Ev

They are actually a lot cheaper than i thought, especially for the light they seem to beam. i will look into getting one on payday and let you know when im ready for a night ride.

My mate knows hockley quite well but i personoally only know 2 routes so more ways around there would be more fun. Thanks for the help and warm welcome,

Also must look into buying a boot bike carrier as squeezing my bike in a 206 gti is no fun haha

Hiya..Im in Southend too and Ive got a boot bike carrier but no car ! :)

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
Haha typical, fancy selling it? Do you go riding much?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:30 pm 
rclifton4 wrote:
Haha typical, fancy selling it? Do you go riding much?

Yeah..sure.. I had it on my 205 GTi a while back and fits nicely on hatches without obscuring the numberplate.

just finishing building up my new bike - Commencal Supreme DH, havnt been out that much since a lovely hol in Morzine/Les Gets..went to hadleigh castle the other day but buy do I prefer warm weather !

Drop me a line if your interesting in carrier, esp if you fancy driving someone to go riding like Danbury :)

andydd@hotmail.com

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm 
Email sent mate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 pm 
rclifton4 wrote:
Email sent mate

Odd..Nothing received, wanna try again. ?...make sure 2 d's

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:50 pm 
Message re sent lol

Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:22 am 
You 2 fancy joining us on Sunday morning for a blast round Hockley, etc.?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Thanks for the invite but looking after my little Girl
Until 1pm