Forum

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm 
Hi all

New to forum so thought I'd say hi. Getting back into riding after a few years of not doing much. Biking history -
Raced on a BMX as a kid, then went to slalom, bit of DH and threw in some XC in my early teens. Just rode anything I could! Got into racing tri's when I was 17, then did that and road raced till I was 21. Bad motorcycle accident (like I said, I rode anything I could!) put me out of action for a couple of years, then couldn't find a comfortable build when I tried coming back - all weight goes onto one arm and need controls on one side due to lasting injury. So, I just ran. Have been running ultra-marathons for 8 years now and planning to do the Leadville 100 in 2015. But as I'm going that far (Colorado) I want to also ride the Leadville Race Across the Sky; so I've got to get bike fit again!!

I've built up my old 2006 Kona Lava Dome from reliable commuter to comfortable frankenbike. To get the position right, I've added a short dirt-jump stem with a 740mm wide, 3" rise dirt jump bar. The rest of just pretty simply xc spec with a 1x9er gearing (33T front to a 12-36 on the rear).

Planning to ride a few races (Eastern series and Wiggle rides, maybe) this year to shock my system and also hope to meet up with some folks to get out for weekend rides on the trails. I live in Enfield near Trent Park, so not far from Hertfordshire Way trails, but would be good to meet groups around Epping (loved riding there in my teens!).

Be good to hear about rides around North/East London and Essex/Herts.

Garrett.

--------------------------------------
Yet you, a unidexter, are applying...

Post subject: Re: Hi!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:12 pm 
Welcome to the forum buddy

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING