Forum

Post subject: Isle of White or London to Paris MTB Events
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm 
Gent's,

I road the Romford to Brighton (Road) bike ride last year and must admit it was more challenging than i gave it credit. Since the ride I've pilled on the lb's and have decided to shed the weight and get fit for the summer.

Reading a recent issue of Mountain Bike UK I saw an add for the London to Paris MTB (Off Road) event and it made me think that i would like to give that a go. Having shared my thoughts with the lads i ride with, the general response was "on your bike" as 300km over three days seemed somewhat extreme.

Regardless of their response I've continued my enquires via the British Heart Foundation and on chatting with the event organiser (Tacye Blest) she's informed me of another extreme MTB ride on the Isle of White.

Now considering my physical condition (Fat and over weight) I to now think that 300km in three consecutive days seems a little out of my reach, but 100km in a day is a real possibility with a little hard work and training.

Detail of the event are as follows;

IOW - 16th June 2012 - 50, 75 or 100km depending on want and ability http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/mtbike/ ... -off-road/

If you are liking the sounds of the London to Paris details are as follows;

Lon to Paris - 30th June 2012 - 300km in three consecutive days http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/mtbike/ ... ike-event/

Now if your an absolute nut case you could always do both rides.

Is there any interest from any other forum members to take part in any of these events, if so please PM me or reply to the post on an open forum basis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm 
I've also seen this and would be well up for it next year as I've had 5 yrs off of riding I'm going to book up for London to Brighton offroad this year

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 pm 
Like madasnibbor I've been out of the saddle for a while and I think I'd be biting off more than I could chew this year, although it's very tempting! The London to Brighton off road is later in the year (September) so it gives me a bit more time to work on my base fitness.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ub3mzk

Post subject: Re: Isle of White or London to Paris MTB Events
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:49 pm 
I'm dangerously tempted to sign up for the London to Paris.... would it be a terrible idea? Probably..... Would it be awesome.. probably.... oohh the choices!