Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: MSG 2014
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm 
overtthebarbob wrote:
Hi Peter ,
it may start of as FUN but once you get bit it changes to being a competive loser ( in my case )
Un like London marathon when everybodies a winner....
Enjoy it what ever you do .
Bob

Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose. I'll try to win that one first before anything else :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:00 pm 
Sounds good...will enter some...how quickly it solds out?

--------------------------------------
Commencal Meta AM / GT Avalanche Pro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 pm 
Well i am a complete novice.. but like a challenge so have booked myself in for the whole 8 races done an 8 mile ride out in wet sloppy mud for half it on saturday was tough but enjoyed it!,have started eating healthy having a month off the booze and plan to get out as much as i can to train . thinking of maybe heading to thetford or somewhere this weekend.

Post subject: MSG 2014
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:06 pm 
FandaPac wrote:
Sounds good...will enter some...how quickly it solds out?

They don't always sell out as most have enter on the day options.. Best to sign up for the MSG news letter to get all details....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 am 
Bingham wrote:
well i am a complete novice.. but like a challenge so have booked myself in for the whole 8 races done an 8 mile ride out in wet sloppy mud for half it on saturday was tough but enjoyed it!,have started eating healthy having a month off the booze and plan to get out as much as i can to train . thinking of maybe heading to thetford or somewhere this weekend.

What category you entered?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:43 pm 
I've entered the Open race in the second race of the series. The first one is just too far - 100 miles each way from where I live in Arnos Grove, Enfield.

I plan to ride the second race and then look at entering some of the others in the series. Open category looks good. A couple of the blokes already entered for the first race in the series are pretty handy vets road racers, so I reckon even the Open will be tough! And, tbh, at one hour it's equivalent to a 25 mile road TT in term of effort! Can't wait :?

Yet you, a unidexter, are applying...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm 
Hi ,
Enfield is not a thousand miles from me If you need a lift....
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:30 pm 
Thanks, Bob. Much appreciate the offer.
I have a car, but it's more the time. Rather than drive a 200 mile round trip, I'm going to use that time to ride some more trails closer to home. Got a 4-month old baby and as I'm out most of the time Mon-Fri., I've got to use my time wisely at the weekends.

Do you ride near Enfield?

Yet you, a unidexter, are applying...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:37 pm 
Hi,
No problem , always go for a ride if I am not working.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm 
peterfb wrote:
Bingham wrote:
well i am a complete novice.. but like a challenge so have booked myself in for the whole 8 races done an 8 mile ride out in wet sloppy mud for half it on saturday was tough but enjoyed it!,have started eating healthy having a month off the booze and plan to get out as much as i can to train . thinking of maybe heading to thetford or somewhere this weekend.

What category you entered?

Only the open category 1 hr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am 
Rode Codham & Thetford last year may do a couple more this year!, But also looking at the Drover MTB Mission on 15th of march! & BHF off road races ! and maybe a cheeky enduro race near September time ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:49 pm 
Im wanting to enter some MSG races this year, reason being is that im finding im getting some good times on strava on the xc bike and i really enjoy thrashing round Tunstall and Thetford. Do i enter the 'male open' category?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 pm 
Hi,
A licence is easy to get .
But if you are only doing a couple of races out of the serries points are not going to count for much.
But dont stop from doing it as I am sure you will have fun.
Are you riding in the Thetford race s if so what is your nr....
bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm 
Kev im just starting out in xc mtb been doing long rides at the weekends and turbo training sessions during week after work. Have entered myself into the open category in all 8 msg races as it will be my first race series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:36 pm 
Hi Bingham,i should certainly be at the first race, id like to enter all 8 races now but can guarantee I can make them yet so will take them one at a time as they come, My XC training ground is round Tuntstalls viking trail, normally do 2 laps of it at around 50mins a lap, not done much other xc stuff as i have to travel so far to get anywhere and tend to take longer travel bikes out instead. In the week i stay local on the road bike, aiming for 100 miles a week but recent weather hasnt given me much enthusiasm, I dont mind riding in the rain but i dont like cleaning the bike after :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next