Forum

Post subject: Re: North Downs Dorking Peaslake - Saturday the 30th
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:51 pm 
I Enjoyed that! Good session guys nice to meet you! That last trail on pitch was great

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 pm 
Great day - went hunting for trails and found some beauties with the help of jaydeebe (nice to meet you mate) ... that last one in particular was rather special! It was good to stretch the legs on some proper hills.

Few pics below. Tom even though he was XC'ed up couldnt resist this wee drop spot.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:32 am 
Hey guys, been meaning to register on here for a while now. Pleased to see my route helped. Hopefully you guys made it over to some of the furthermost trails on winterfold - there's one that starts from the road and is one of my favourite trails in the area (in the dry - its a bitch in the wet).

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, riding Woburn Friday, and Redlands today meant that I had to earn some points at home! Be good to meet up soon though.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 pm 
Travis wrote:
Hey guys, been meaning to register on here for a while now. Pleased to see my route helped. Hopefully you guys made it over to some of the furthermost trails on winterfold - there's one that starts from the road and is one of my favourite trails in the area (in the dry - its a bitch in the wet).

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, riding Woburn Friday, and Redlands today meant that I had to earn some points at home! Be good to meet up soon though.

Yea nice one Travis that route was awesome - we will deffo be heading back to explore sometime. So many good tracks off that ridge its just silly.

We knew we were onto a good thing when pushing up a trail a fully pyjama'ed guy on a demo lashed past us jumping from berm to berm. Sweet

Looking at the route below are there many trails to the north of Greensands way in winterfold wood?
Attachments:
_r1_c2.jpg
_r1_c2.jpg [ 249.66 KiB | Viewed 687 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 am 
Hmm, the problem with winterfold wood is that the fella that owns it is very particular about people sticking to bridleways and footpaths (so much so that a large part of it is fenced off), and also hates mountain bikers. There is stuff in there but its few and far between. I did a couple of explorations in there a few years back with Tom actually, but we never found too much.

I think Bernard Kerr is responsible for a lot of the tracks that fall off that ridgeline. Pitch Hill, Winterfold and Redlands are my favourite riding spots over there at the moment. There's some quality trailbuilding hidden away in those areas.