Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: www.superenduro.co.uk
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:44 pm 
Well im back from my weekend away incorporating the have a go enduro, and i can now say im number 1!!!! I did manage to win the race that day but sorry to say not much to be proud of.

The venue was pretty easy to find very good directions from carlos who organised the event. There were 4 stages to play on, first and second stages were pretty short but technical enough to make it worth while. Just had to stop very quickly at the end of stage 1 as there was a pretty nasty drop the other side. Stage 2 and 3 shared the same start point which was a pretty short but tricky decent down a stone covered piece of single track then the stages split off from one another. Both stages had clmbs and decents so good all round ability is definately needed. Stage 4 was the most fun and i managed to surprise myself here. It was a short technical sort of trials orientated stage with tight turns and short drops into climbs. The demo bikes there were well organised as was the entire event but unfortunately there was very very little show of the mtb community. As i said earlier i may of won the event but i was only 1 of 3 riders!!!! I felt very sorry for the organiser carlos who had put alot of effort into organising this event and i have told him i will push this event as much as i can. The event i felt was well organised and excellent fun and i will definately be attending the october race to defend my tittle only this time against plenty more riders!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm 
Just thought I would sign up to the forum and let you guys know a little bit more about the event. Just a bit about Rob first as although we had a disastrous day numbers wise which I think the weather played a major roll, Rob comfortably beat the other two competitors timings, in fact, he was twice as quick as the 2nd placed guy but his actual run times were easily fast enough to place him in the competitive class and he will soon be sporting his badge of honour namely first place prize of a shiny new Urge Enduromatic helmet so well done to him and his attitude and positive approach to racing did both him and your club proud.

So those who ride with Rob will be able to get a fair indication of which class they should be entering. Remember the course for the 'have a go SuperEnduro' was designed to be compact and fun to give you a taste of the type of terrain the main race will incorporate.The main race stages are far longer with the last one equal in length to all three stages Rob raced, they have a mixture of jumps, drops and technical bits to test the rider however, all parts are rollable so if your not a jumper or dropper you can roll every section just pick the right line, stay loose and trust your bike! You will not lose much time by doing so as any racer will tell you 'air time is slow time' fast racers hug the ground. You will need fitness as the whole course is 30km but not XC whippet fitness and although the pace is relaxed in between stages, racing the stages will take it out of your legs and you do of course have to climb up again.

This is a pre-entry race only so no entries will be taken on the day. We had an initial burst on entries but they have slowed and we are off the minimum number required to run the event which is around 80 paying riders. If I do not get this amount in I will have to cancel the race so please make sure you enter as soon as possible and spread the word as reading your posts about the 661 Gravity series nails why I wanted to create a Southern race series that was both easier to get to and cheaper to race for all those based in the south. I have already taken a big hit from the demo day and I can't afford to take another one on the race which is why I will have to cancel if we don't get the numbers in as I am already in the dog house with the missus for spending her house keeping money and we will be on beans and mash for a long time at this rate!

I am always in the need for timing marshals so reliable volunteers gratefully accepted and you could earn a free ride by volunteering a spouse/friend. If you get enough I could drive up and do a quick evening coaching with them if they are local to each other.

Thanks for your time and I really hope we get the numbers so Rob can kick some real butt on the 2nd of Oct!

Carlos

Race Promoter.

http://www.superenduro.co.uk[/color][/color]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:18 pm 
Ok so who's in for a team?
Who's already entered?
Who wants me?
or are you all doing individual?

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:36 pm 
I'd be up for a go at it...

Will have to read the site to try to ascertain the differences between going solo and part of a team...

Unless you already know???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:04 pm 
@VW-surfbum, i'll enter in a team if you want. I'm pretty sure i've ridden with you a couple of times (it's Dan with the white Norco) but have to confess i've forgotten your real name, dam forum user names!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 am 
Whats the difference between entering as a team or a solo?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:56 pm 
I'm not in UK on 1st race and waiting for the dates of the other 2 races.

My sponsor in Spain
http://aplbike.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am 
Rite i have looked into the difference between team and individuals and they are as follows, teams will have a special stage which will be announced nearer the date and also a team chase stage. There are also different prizes for teams of £100 worth of endura clothing for each of the members of the winning team. Cost of entering as a team or individual is still the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 am 
Well i like the idea of a team, then it will encourage our riding skills rather than being competitive with each other?

When do we have to book by?

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:36 am 
Ideally carlos needs enough to run the event by the end of august other wise he will call it off so we need to get in sooner rather than later if anyone is struggling to find enough cash then gimme a shout i really enjoyed the have a go race and want to support this in any way i can. Also i will be travelling down the day before and camping if anyone wants a lift?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:55 am 
Camping you say? Hmm we might have to call in the G man, but that does mean asking him to race with us? that would be fine but i believe there maybe some sort of tech riding to be had and he doesnt do that, not without stopping first :LOL:

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:11 am 
The entire race is done in sections so you can stop when ever you want and the tech stages are not timed they are done on dabs so its really not that bad if you are more interested in the riding than winning the race you can not do a stage. Im not a seasoned rider and i managed to complete all the have a go stages and mananged the tech stage with only 4 dabs, and only 3 on my second attempt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am 
Hmmm Maybe the G man will be ok then, or maybe he only stops on techy bits when he has someone following him :wink:

Bike piccys!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 am 
The tech stages will be very small and short so only 1 rider at a time will do the stage he will be fine you will all love it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:28 pm 
robholland85 wrote:
The entire race is done in sections so you can stop when ever you want and the tech stages are not timed they are done on dabs so its really not that bad if you are more interested in the riding than winning the race you can not do a stage. Im not a seasoned rider and i managed to complete all the have a go stages and mananged the tech stage with only 4 dabs, and only 3 on my second attempt.

by tech stage what do you mean ?

http://www.adambannermedia.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next