Forum

Post subject: Body armour
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 am 
So ive been running the rock garden jacket for a while now

and its had a lot of use but its time to change to something a bit lighter and with better fitting spine protection. The boys on the Leogang trip rightly made the comment that it didnt seem to be covering my upper spine properly, so kinda defeats the point of having it. Looking for a full jacket so the arms stay in place..

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Body armour
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 am 
I would highly recommend my Alpinestars full body armour, super fit, dont even realise its on. I think I got Large (will check later) but you are more than welcome to try it for size (still fresh by the way!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:57 pm 
Do you plan to get a Leatt brace in the future? in that case its wise to keep the compatibility in mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 pm 
I like the look of the Poc jacket but very pricey. They have them in Cycle Surgery in Romford.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm 
Grin - cheers for letting me check your Alpinestars - I hope I didnt get it too smelly ! Its between that and the fox jacket at the mo - ill let you know what I end up with

if your really lucky ill post some pics like ninj did ;) only joking i wouldn't inflict that on you all

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 am 
What about Dainese - I really like mine not bulky but great protection, good prices on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 pm 
Karve wrote:
Grin - cheers for letting me check your Alpinestars - I hope I didnt get it too smelly ! Its between that and the fox jacket at the mo - ill let you know what I end up with

if your really lucky ill post some pics like ninj did ;) only joking i wouldn't inflict that on you all

No problem fella, Brave man with the ninj post !!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm 
I got a TSG affair.

Its a bit of a pain to get on and off, and rubs a bit if you dont wear an underlayer, but protection wise, I give it 10/10.
The lower arms unzip too which is pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:50 pm 
Cheers for the info guys - went for the fox in the end as it seemed to tick the boxes of good venting and good upper spine protection plus some kidney padding which I couldn't get elsewhere - was very impressed with grins alpinestars but the arms would have been a bit tight in my jerseys and they seem hard to get hold of

its a super comfortable on - much close fit than the rockgarden. Slightly less padding but weighs loads less (600g) No idea how well it protects but im sure i will find out soon - for the money £80 its a really good bit of kit - ill test it out this weekend for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm 
Nice one, Kidney protection looks intense!

Enjoy Morzine , wish I was going.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 pm 
Just ordered 661 pressure suit and shin/knee pads!

Tried the Fox but its sat to far forward on my shoulders and got the pressure suit on sale! :D. So hopefully the 661 arrive soon and I can try it on for size!

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk