Forum

Post subject: Cree t6 problem!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm 
Hello all..just got back from my 1st night ride with my new cree t6 1300..charged up the batteries and tested it out side 1st..all good and super bright..it took me 20od minutes to get to the forest on med beam..switched to high beam and with in 5 minutes it kept switching to med beam??..fitted the second batt and with in another 5 mins it done the same thing??..then about another 5 mins it switched to low!!..then they both died..so lucky i took a spare light..just tested the batteries and they have 3.2/3.3v in them..do i need to learn how to swear in chinese or is this normal for these lights..i thought the high beam with just get dimmer not switch down..thanks for any help..Z

Post subject: Re: cree t6 problem!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 pm 
Sounds like they werent charged fully?

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm 
If it did the same thing with both batteries it could be the charger that's faulty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 pm 
Thanks for replys..charged them till the green light was on..will test voltage this time and will test charger as well..ta..Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 pm 
Is it getting very hot? some lights restrict there output when they get hot. if there is a poor heat sinking the outside of the lamp would still be cool. what light is it?

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:03 pm 
Just tested...batts fully charged at 4.2v and charger is modulating between 4.6/5.4..put the torch on next to me and it only stayed on full for 10 mins before switching to med,then only another 2mins before going to low...10 minutes on full aint rite is it???.surely its fulty..thanks norcbot..its a cree t6 xm-l 1300 lumins..its not hot at all..ta..Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm 
What batts doy you have? 2600mA 3200mA and how many? looking at the data sheet for these LEDs they take alot of power. at the low setting you are looking at 700mA at to get about 250 lm out of it. to get 1250 lm you are looking at 3500mA without running the Controler PCB. you are getting short running times but an led of that power needs alot of batts.

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am 
Did you get the pink recommended cells which have protection for the batteries? I can't remember the model numbers but they are all linked to on the bikeradar what lights sticky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 pm 
Thanks guys..i have 2 blue 2400mha batts that come with it..u done well norcbot to find a spec sheet on it!!..sound like i need the pink 2300mha batts..ill check out bike radar..thanks again..Z