Forum

Post subject: Re: Happy biker !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am 
Karve wrote:
I have a 400 3.25 spring ready and waiting should you need it

Cheers matey, just waiting on wife availability to help me with the measurements!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 am 
How much do you weigh with gear on Grin? I am probably 15 stone with gear and have been using the stock 350 spring. Seems to have been working well and giving approx 35% sag.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 am 
gladdice wrote:
How much do you weigh with gear on Grin? I am probably 15 stone with gear and have been using the stock 350 spring. Seems to have been working well and giving approx 35% sag.

Blimey, should be well OK then! I expect I will weigh around 14 1/2 max with gear on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Rear Sag is spot on - 33% with gear on.

Boxxers came in at 25%. Not sure if they will loosen up after a few rides, is that possible with coils? Will ride it a few times but possibly need a softer spring. Do you guys run around 33% sag at front?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:58 pm 
They will bed in mate as the bushings loosen up but that wont affect your sag. That will just impove small bump performance.

20-25% sounds about right for a dh fork 33% would be a lot for the front. Its easy to measure, as you can see with the little ring how often you are getting deep into the travel, and make adjustments from there.

oh this is an excellent tutorial

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/technical- ... -2010.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 pm 
Cheers Jon / Joel for all the info,

Looks like Front & Rear are right in the sweeeet spot. Looking forward to getting it dirty & fiddling with the rebound!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 am 
Sounds perfect - I would always reccomend a front fork a fair bit firmer than you think you should

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm 
Great choice there - well jealous as I've had my eye on that Wilson for over a year but I keep getting sold dud lottery tickets. Look forward to seeing in the flesh though I would lock it when I'm around or it will magically turn into a Norco Six. ;) :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm 
SteelAl wrote:
Great choice there - well jealous as I've had my eye on that Wilson for over a year but I keep getting sold dud lottery tickets. Look forward to seeing in the flesh though I would lock it when I'm around or it will magically turn into a Norco Six. ;) :D

I know what you mean!, was doing the same for ages saying shall I, shant I, but hey you only live once and I will get some use out of it this year ;) . My paranoia with bikes is legendry , no worries on it magically turning into a Norco :lol: