Forum

Post subject: Lights???????
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 am 
Does anyone know of a good but reasonably priced off road light????need to work hard now up until xmass so some evening rides in order.I know you only get what you pay for but can`t afford top notch just now!!cheers.

Post subject: Re: lights???????
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:36 am 
Magic Shine? Haven't seen any though.

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/ ... MJ-816LSET

--------------------------------------
My sponsor in Spain
http://aplbike.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 am 
I have magic shine 900 lumen lights. i got them from dealextreme on line from the states, paid 45-50 quid for them. you can now get them on ebay for around £32. well worth double the money.

Tally ho lads over the top we go!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:31 pm 
Nice one,will check em out!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:43 pm 
Was talking about this today. would be good to get some night riding in.

I found this earlier:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycle-Front-Light-Bright-900-1200-Lumen-Rechargeable-/120790600841?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item1c1fae4c89#ht_1353wt_1185

Dont know if its a rip off of Magicshine or the real deal. Anyway i think i may purchase one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm 
I reckon a rip off but may be worth the gamble.had a look on ebay earlier and the magicshine 900 is coming in at £55-60 from china.will order one or the other end of the week.cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 pm 
Deal extreme has got a UK warehouse now so it not going to take six weeks.

I got a MJ-808 HA-III SSC P7-C last year new improve battery LCD battery power left and T6 Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode 1200-Lumen
beam partition on the T6 is small so that's on my lid and MJ-808 on bars. good mix.

If going to buy one out of the two would got for MJ-808much larger spread beam partition.

Edit:
In WMB and mountain biking UK there a review on lights pop into WHS have a read. What your budget?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm 
Ok,just looked at dealextreme.mj 808 is the magicshine 900 lumin.becoming the obvious choice,just need to work out whos got it cheapest.$80 on dealextream.handy little link to a youtube video that shows exactly what you get.....although turn the sound down!thanks again everyone! ok works out £51 ish from dealextreme.think i`m gonna go with that!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 pm 
I have the 808 with the improved battery. Don't forget you'll need a US to UK adapter for the charger or buy a new UK transformer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm 
Go to ebay and search t6 bike light...look at all the magicshine rip offs!!!tempting though!if only i could just go too a shop and buy these!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:59 pm 
Just bought these....

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/p7-water-resistant-ssc-p7-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82734

Two of them. I appreciate the build quality will probably be a bit worse than magicshine but i didnt have a great budget and i dint think one would be enough as the bean is quite narrow.

Two for under £60 delivered is pretty good i think. I will let you know what they are like when i get them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:17 pm 
Cool.how long do you think?could do with ordering this weekend.do they stock those in the uk warehouse or do you have to wait fpr airmail?(did try to fgure it out but couldnt see any info)sorry for barrage of questions!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 pm 
Well only ordered them Tues. They may come tomorrow. Yeah I am not sure if the were in the uk warehouse or not. On some of the listings it does say to 'click here' for european delivery from our uk warehouse, but iit doesn't say it on this one. I don't think it will be here tomorrow but you never know. I will let you know if I do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 pm 
You should have a tracker number to paste in site. ID were its coming from my one sat at airport for three days.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 am 
The magic shine light is awesone, my mate has one we were using it last night to try and find our way around Warley :D
Well worth the money

www.ridetransitionbikes.co.uk - SBC