Forum

Post subject: Longleat - anyone ride there before?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:10 pm 
I'm off to centre parcs longleat next week. Has Anyone ridden there to know what I can expect. I've seen the blackcannon collective website and think I'll join them for a ride but I have heard there may be other trails too.

Post subject: Re: Longleat - anyone ride there before?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:34 pm 
Well I went and rode at the allotment with the blackcanon collective. If you are in the area it's definitely worth a visit. A few short dh forest runs with loads of berms some held up by nicely built log walls. Some steep rooty sections and a few drops and small jumps. I saw a guy do a 360 barspin off one of the drops on an sx trail! Awesome It's the only place I know where you can ride and hear lions roaring behind you. Quite unerving if your there alone as I was one day! The allotment boarders Longleat safari park.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:40 pm 
Good to know! Was thinking of Longleat for later on in the year... what did you think of the centre parks there?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:34 pm 
Me and the family love centre parcs. This was our second visit to this one. We've been to Elvedon Forest a few times too. Longleat is very hilly to get around. I hired a bike with a trailer to get my youngest boys around. There is also a land train service running round the park every 20 mins. You have the safari park and mini theme park a few yards down the rd as well as the swimming pool and all the activities inside centre parcs. Boating lake. Tennis bowling ect... Accomadation is great. This year my dad paid and we got a 4 bed 2 story house with games room. Usually we get something smaller and it's still lovely.