Forum

Post subject: New Ride
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm 
After snapping my Wildcard frame last month I picked up a new Covert frame last week. Decided to go for something a bit more uphill friendly, and a frame that actually fit me properly - as fun as the Wildcard was it wasn't the best all day bike.

First impressions are great, super planted on the downs, just seems to want to go faster. The bottom bracket height is a little low (or is a bit low compared to what I'm used to) and was clipping pedals a bit, but other than that feels sweet.
In summery - long, low and fast!

Wasn't 100% on the shock, but heard lots of good reports so will see how it goes, no complains so far. If it goes bang will look at getting a CCDB on it.
Just waiting for a 2012 RS Reverb seat post to complete, then will probably swap out the mis-matched wheels for slightly lighter builds.

2011 Covert, Fox RP23
RS Lyriks 170 RC2DH
Saint cranks
SLX/XT Rest of drivetrain
Saint 203/180 brakes
Hope, Thomson, Answer, SDG cockpit
Hope Pro II with DT Swiss FR630 & Halo Freedom rims

--------------------------------------
"It's a cold, miserable day.. but that's what makes us tougher than those boys"

Post subject: Re: New Ride
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:48 pm 
Cracking mate! Shes a beauty!!!!! Looking forward to coming out and railng some trails with you next year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm 
Looks loooovely Matt even better than the scenery.

Its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm 
Nice one Matt, looks stunning

"Dude, She called you fat.... "OH HELL NO, HOLD MY CAKE"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Nice bike shes a looker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm 
Cheers, properly stocked with it, just need to not break it.

Karve wrote:
Looking forward to coming out and railng some trails with you next year!

For sure mate, have got that in mind, got a few ideas planned. Did couple of big days recently, one around 40 - 50km tour, very little climbing (lots of lifts) and taking in loads of singletrail. I screwed up the go pro mounting so the vid was a bit shaky, but heres a couple of snapshots:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm 
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Those 1080 go pros produce rad still images mate... they are nice! - may well have to invest - Are you liking urs?

What time of year would be good? Will deffo make it happen next year - might even force Tranny to sort his bike out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 am 
Looks immense, really looking forward to visiting and heading out for 50km of lift assisted riding - building the giant up for these purposes.

Are you using a dropper seat post? All the chat with Jon on sunday was of them blowing up and looking for something which might actually be reliable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:36 pm 
Karve wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Those 1080 go pros produce rad still images mate... they are nice! - may well have to invest - Are you liking urs?

What time of year would be good? Will deffo make it happen next year - might even force Tranny to sort his bike out.

GoPro - yeah really like it. Normally use it in the 960 mode at the mo as i need to get some better SD cards to get full advantage of the 1080. Just have to be careful getting the position right on the chest - very easy to see a lot of your bike and not much of the trail in front of you.
I've got quite a bit of vid, but not got around it editing much together yet..
Short unedited one from Flims Laax here: http://vimeo.com/26241666 and the only edit i've done, BMX pump track http://vimeo.com/28529017

Anytime from July - Sept really, lifts open through June, start closing Oct.

gladdice wrote:
Are you using a dropper seat post? All the chat with Jon on sunday was of them blowing up and looking for something which might actually be reliable!

Not yet, but waiting for the correct size RS Reverb to come in stock and I will. Know loads of people with them, the only issue i've heard of is the hose connection onto the post was a little weak, but that has been redesigned for 2012. Unless there are any other new ones coming out I think Reverbs are the benchmark at the mo.