Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revolution Bike Park
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 pm 
Hi,
The woods are similar to triscombe so if you like riding there you should have a good time at RBP. I used to live in cornwall so I have been to Triscombe a few times realy good place to ride I reckon. We have been grafting the last few weeks extending the uplift track to the top. Someone above mentioned a 5 min uplift. I did it again today as we have done some more work on the track since I last timed it and it took only 4 min. Thats pretty good I reckon as the hill is massive. So you should get alot of time on your bike for your cash. Still waiting on the planning office but when we have some news I will let you all know.

Thanks James

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 am 
That is great that we have someone actually from really really a great looking place on forum !!!! thanks for updating us james !!! i think i speak for all if i say we can t wait to get there !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 am 
James@Revollution - good luck with the planning!! lots of fingers crossed at this end. Keep the pics and flowing on Facebook. Loving the updates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQ_bSpC ... _embedded#! the first full video !!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:48 pm 
Theres not many spaces left for their uplifts now, the headcam of the dh run looks amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm 
stev-o wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQ_bSpCfv0&feature=player_embedded#! the first full video !!!

That track looks a great length and a real mix of stuff! Fab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:05 am 
Adding more offshoots to the main track - looks like a sweet trail

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=241 ... =2&theater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 am 
James@Revollution do you have any plans to increase your uplift capacity - seems booked out quite a bit of the time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:00 am 
Looks awesome!

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 pm 
Why does downhill look very flat when viewing headcams!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm 
andydd wrote:
Why does downhill look very flat when viewing headcams!

Because if you are riding on the flat or downhill or uphill the bike is always at the same level/angle as the camera pointing in exactly the same place, down the trail.

Until recently, most lenses are crap, left over from security cameras and use convex lenses (fisheye), meaning trees on the outside of shots would bend making it even more difficult to work whether the rider is going uphill or downhill.

When a lense capable of recording to a blu-ray standard becomes available things will change. The current 1080p and some of the older 720p are half decent though.

Then youtube compresses the hell out of the videos, meaining pixels of information are merged into blobs of similar colours, making it harder to see detail in trail features. hi-def on youtube is a joke. The Beeb do broadcast occasssionally in true hi-def and itv get somewhere near but s*y is way off.

And finally most video compression relies on parts of the image staying the same from frame to frame, think someone walking left to right across a screen. Only the area where the person moves changes and the background remains the same. However, when you are bombing down a trail every frame is different.

At the end of the day your asking a tiny mechanical device to record onto a tiny memory card the experience of riding down a hill at 30mph.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 pm 
Hi,
We plan on increasing the uplift capacity early next year sometime. We are going to buy another Land Rover. My Bro and I are going to finish the jump offshoot that someone has posted some pics of. Then we are going to start a complete new run. Can't decide wether to build a full leght a line style trail or a faster DH track. What do you guy reckon we should build first??

I have to agree with the comments on why everything looks flat and small on headcams its rather annoying when your gagging to watch some footage you have got only to find the mega jump you did looks like a jump off a kerb or the steep section you nailed to look flat...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 pm 
james@Revollution wrote:
Hi,
Can't decide wether to build a full leght a line style trail or a faster DH track. What do you guy reckon we should build first??

A line style pls - not enough of these style of tracks in the UK currently IMO and if built well are accessible for newbies but fun for the big boys to hit flat out as well

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 pm 
Thanks for the update James

Another vote for something like a line if you can do it.. I imagine it will be a lot of machine based work.. there is nothing like that in the Uk at the moment and it really would give you a great mix of trails and generate an bit of a buzz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm 
Closed for winter but home page shows what they are working on while they are shut

http://www.revolutionbikepark.co.uk/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next