Forum

Post subject: Dh in Spain
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 pm 
Anyone used these before? Have good access to accomodation near Malaga and would love to ride, but don't want to pack the bike. They seem to have a lot of celeb riders, wondered if anyone had any experience of the trails and bikes they hire? Just noticed they only operate in the winter months, so guess I won't be doing it just yet.

http://www.switch-backsdh.com/

--------------------------------------
I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

Post subject: Re: Dh in Spain
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:08 am 
Mat didnt beth n that use them last year - v v good i think but not cheap?

The riding out there is supposed to be epic

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:25 am 
I was all set to drop them an email and get something booked for my summer holiday, then noticed they don't run in the summer! I suppose it would be a bit hot in armour, but an early morning trip would have been awesome. Maybe something to look forward to for next winter.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 pm 
Yep Beth and Tom went last year, it was quite expensive from what I remember, and priced in € so not helped by the ex-rate.
Trails do get great reviews. The original (non DH) Switchbacks (same people tho) might run all year round, I think that is still uplifted quite a lot but with some pedalling, might be worth giving them a shout.
Not sure about the hire bikes

"It's a cold, miserable day.. but that's what makes us tougher than those boys"

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm 
Guys, FYI they do ride in the Summer - you just need to contact Michael over at Switchbacks and ask him to organise it for you. They're pretty accomodating, so far as I'm aware.

I've read a tonne of reviews about them, and have spoken to Michael on the phone - he seems a really decent bloke.

Athertons, Bryceland, Victor Lucas, Peaty etc. all go out there for training over Winter when it's impossible in the UK, I've been told.

Cost of the trip for four days is expensive, and flights, food, extras etc. would bring the price up. Some mates and myself priced it up to be about £700 pp we reckon, for 4.5 days riding.

Biggest issue for me would be the packing the bike I think - don't like doing it one bit, but I suppose lots of people do...

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 pm 
Thanks for the info Tim. Think the other half would go mental if I went missing for 4.5 days of the holiday, so just looking for the odd days riding and bike hire. Don't need accomodation / flights etc. I'll contact them and see what they say.