Forum

Post subject: FoD Friday 18th July anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:54 pm 
Got a week off work and FoD uplift has spaces Friday 18th. Anyone keen?

Bump:)

Post subject: Re: FoD Friday 18th July anyone?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:10 pm 
Bump again :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:11 pm 
Hi Grin I'm gonna try to get the day off. I'll let you know asap.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:47 am 
Nice one Decoxx , gonna be a dry hot week apparently, except for Friday on weather forecast!! Can you cancel the holiday if we decide its a no go?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:24 pm 
So Ninja and myself are booked on the uplift, travelling down Friday early doors. Weather has shifted and now looks great for Friday :)

How did you get on with holiday request Decoxx?

6 places left if anyone else keen, as always more the merrier :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:44 pm 
I didn't even ask, but I'll see tomorrow, but if I end up not going to FOD I'll be off on Wed and Thursday so we can go ride somewhere if you want. Let you know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm 
4 places left :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:00 pm 
Where to begin!

Broxbourne ride Thursday afternoon followed by BBQ and beers and a so chilled catch up led to Mrs Grin saying around 11 ish... are you two actually going to get things ready for FoD :)

So seat ghetto tube cutting commences on Ninjas old saddle, as his drop post had seized up. Job done....after a bit of time! Everything thrown in car, woken at 2 a.m with the mega storm, jeez what's FoD gonna be like with those lovely roots, and set off 6 ish. Rain started and then cleared to blue sky's, arriving 9.30 after rotten service station drop in just before the M48 toll bridge. Round two, rear tyre replaced and ready to roll.

My god, it was so dry it was a dust bowl. Never seen it so good. Result!! Sooooooo much fun, place only had a dozen riders on the excellent and friendly as usual uplift. Met some really nice people and a few riders scoping for the weekend race. Big shout out to Sarah who whose an inspirational and skilful rider and her partner who showed me around some other routes and roots ;)

So 15 uplifts later, pretty shagged out and decided we would get some munchies on satnav route home avoiding motorway back to London and about an hour in was giving up finding something and then a random stop and ninjas question to garage bloke gave us a pub a mile down a side ride. What a gem, idyllic location gardens running rivers, pond and superb food. Pure Bliss!! Will always go there in future , superb food and avoids the rush hour traffic near London. Such a great mellow drive back home, no traffic too. Another result!!!

Have to say , must be one of the best uplifts I have ever done. Great company , superb location and riding was really confidence inspiring and friendly uplift and beers in fridge when I got home lol

Happy days :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 am 
Carlsberg don't make away days....

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/