Forum

Post subject: Italy for a week? September 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 pm 
Hi guys and girls,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if my post is in the wrong section......

Would anyone be interested in going to northern Italy with me for a week or so? I was aiming for the last week of September...but as it is such short notice, I don't mind when we go really... My plan is to ride in a place called Finale Ligure, which is an awesome spot for downhill and xc.... Downhill riding is about €40 per day.... (I'm not sure on the costs for xc guides but it cant be too much). My biggest problem with going alone is the cost of accommodation, there is a hotel five minutes ride from the uplift company, and rooms are 280 per week, the rooms are more like small modern flats and fit three people...so i would be a waste to go alone...plus the more the merrier :).....anyone up for splitting the costs and going for a week of the best downhill riding in Europe? ?

Post subject: Re: Italy for a week? September 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:03 pm 
That's the best choice for this time of the year. Been there twice on my own. Hopefully next year...

Such a short notice traveling abroad with someone you don't know nor have references is going to be near impossible but at least you've tried. Good luck!

--------------------------------------
My sponsor in Spain
http://aplbike.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 am 
Yeah that is exactly what I thought, short notice travelling abroad with a complete stranger...

But it's the same for me too, I obviously don't know anyone else so it'd either be an awesome holiday or a complete nightmare hahah (but I'm sure it'd be fine :) )..

I may be going next year as well if you are interested in going together or maybe as a group of people, plus we could meet up and ride some trails before hand too.....

I think I'll probably end up going on my own again this year, but it's definitely worth a try, and also a good time to start arranging next year as well maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:55 pm 
Hey man, I have a week off work next week, desperate to get some biking in, what's the score with this one? I'm up for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:55 pm 
I assume the 40E is for uplift per day ?, makes it a bit pricey compared to other (ski lift) type places but does look good.

Found a huge list of bike park trails in Italy, surprsied there is so many, I'd only heard of pila previously.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 pm 
Yeah that is for the uplift days (used to be €30, but popularity bumped up the prices)... it is well worth it though http://youtu.be/xHbK3928z6M