Forum

Post subject: Trek Bike Attack - Lenzerheide
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 pm 
I looked into doing one last year, but it never happened. But this one is booked and paid for already http://www.bike-attack.ch/

Mega style event, probably not quite as big/hardcore. But 777 riders and 2000m descent over 18km will ruin me i'm sure. Signed up with a few fellas over here, if anyone back home fancies it you know where I am ;)

--------------------------------------
"It's a cold, miserable day.. but that's what makes us tougher than those boys"

Post subject: Re: Trek Bike Attack - Lenzerheide
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 am 
Nice one mate - its at Lenzerheide right? - was having trouble making head or tail of the website?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:35 pm 
I know, I can't work much that site out either, been relying on others passing info on!
But, yea it's in Lenzerheide ski area.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 pm 
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bike-attack.ch%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D206%26Itemid%3D53 ;)

I used to be a lot like you but now I'm only me

Post subject: Trek Bike Attack - Lenzerheide
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:35 am 
Bike Attack this weekend! Quail run today, full race tomorrow.
Currently sitting at the top getting a bit of pre run fuel (fat steak) as have nice late start time this arvo.
Track is super rocky a lot of the way, especially at the top. I won't say anything about tyres and tubes as so far I've been lucky ;-)
Quail run should be around 20mins, arms usually fecked after about 3, top to bottom none stop is gonna be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:46 am 
Good luck.

Just had a little look at your bike, sweet ride! I've just almost finished building a Mythic Spitfire. I really can't wait to get out and see what it's capable of.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:40 pm 
Good luck matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you get on - the event looks awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 pm 
Bit slack on the update... went really well last weekend, finished 299th out of about 550 finishing men. Race time was 53:05, Wildhaber won it in 29:04!
Slightly disappointed with the quail, which was mainly downhill, just not fit enough to ride at full chat for 20 mins, was just hanging on by the end. One friend beat me by 1 second, and another was 6 secs behind, amazingly close for a 20min run.
Main race is the quail course + about the same distance again of more all-mountain riding with a couple of short climbs. Everyone starts in one big wave, just split into a few different sections decided by the quali times, managed to get past quite a few people on the top open rocky section and keep pace for the rest of the first half of the track, but struggled with the second half - climbing in FF and body armor was not fun in the heat, was walking with the DH boys for a couple of sections. Quite a few people had friends waiting with XC lids to swap over to at the bottom of the DH, it was a good idea.

Will deffo be doing that, and others like it again, a lot of fun. There's a Maxi Avalanche Cup in Flims/Laax later this year I might have a crack at.
Couple of pics attached, and got chesty cam of it all so will put something together when I get the chance.

Duckcm18 wrote:
Just had a little look at your bike, sweet ride! I've just almost finished building a Mythic Spitfire. I really can't wait to get out and see what it's capable of.

Cheers mate, has been an awesome bike.
Attachments:
sportograf-21004344_lowres.jpg
sportograf-21004344_lowres.jpg [ 212.02 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]
sportograf-20996789_lowres.jpg
sportograf-20996789_lowres.jpg [ 94.6 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Looka like you had a great time, fancy some visitors next time? Have you made some changes to the wildcard?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
WOW nice write up dude... and those pics are super nice too. Ill have to steal that one of you for the gallery - looking pinned.

Are those new forks on the front?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:45 pm 
Always room for visitors mate.
There was a lot of photographers on course and the pics weren't stupid money to get the full res copies. Nice to get some good action shots for a change.

I got the new Lyrik 170 DHs (which are awesome) and Saint brakes. But as you've seen on FB managed to snap the frame yesterday!

Was riding Flims-Laax, and it went on a fast pretty smooth single track section, no big impacts or anything. Must just have slowly been weakening, had been riding a lot of fast really rocky trails earlier in the day and at the race the other week - glad it didn't go in the middle of some sketchy rock garden tho.

So now on the hunt for a new frame, Transition Covert is top of the list at the moment...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 am 
Looks like great fun! amazed you broke the frame these things can take such a beating! you must be killing it out there!

this type of race looks fantastic maybe we can combine our next alpine holiday with one next year?