Forum

Post subject: Cube Acid 2011?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 pm 
First post, hello all. I have been watching some of your videos on youtube, looks like you all have a lot of fun.

I haven't got on a bike for about ten years but have suddenly started remembering the times me and my friends used to ride around epping forest or along the river lee and have a hankering to get back in the riding seat.

Being 32 and incredibly out of shape I decided i am going to buy a bike before it's too late and have sort of settled on the Cube Acid 2011. I have never been a fan of full sus, they always felt a bit bouncy, and the cube Acid seems like a decent bike.

I'd just like to get some opinions from people who know a lot more about this than i do. Is it a decent bike? Are cube a reliable brand? i have never heard of them.

Post subject: Re: Cube Acid 2011?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:24 pm 
Cube are nice looking bikes and make some stunning colours. I was tempted by the XMS Cube but went for a KHS XC 604 instead...

Cube are a German brand and do make good bikes and very big in their home country. I know a lot of people have got these as their fist bikes or upgraded through the range. I believe most come now equiped with 30 speed gearing (as opposed to the old 27 speed std)

Full Sus bikes have also come on a long way since you last rode one. I would get used to riding a HT (Hard Tail) to get your bike skills back upto speed as such, and at 32 your still young :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:38 pm 
Lol i don't feel young!

Can't go wrong with the germans when it comes to engineering i suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm 
Nice bikes, good make and xc in orientation. Meaning steep angled geometry for racy efficiency and short travel. Should be a fairly comfortable bike to ride and fast too!