Forum

Post subject: Re: free ride downhill bike
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 am 
Ya buddy thanks iv build a fit custom bmx

Post subject: Re: free ride downhill bike
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 am 
Anselm wrote:
I've got a Kona Colier its a good bike for the price, it's not as fast over the rooty or rock sections but its held it's own on DH tracks (Cwncarn Morzine, Aston Hill). Kona's have generally had a bad rep over the last few years and they are pretty mass market and the design of the stinky etc was quite stagnant so I think this is why they are cheap second hand but I would agree that they are a great starting point. Last year they released the operator DH or FR bike) which has been much better received so this might be why you are seeming lots of top riders on them at the moment.

If you've not done it before be carful when building one up from the frame as the cost seems to run away with you and ebay parts are not always the right size condition etc. I learnt a lot the first time I built up a frame from second hand parts off ebay about compatibility of all bike bits. But on the other hand if you can afford to make a few little mistakes it's all good stuff to learn and it's nice when you know you bike from the components up.

Check out pink bike, for send had frames / bikes, often good stuff there.

Veery true..I think you always go through a learning curve when buying bike bits that dont fit, I still do..pesky ISCG v ISCG 05 !

Andy