Forum

Post subject: Re: Mondraker Dune
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:47 am 
Should give that some stick at Thorndon then... Put the jumps in the woods to test... :o :o

All these new bikes appearing now.. Wonder if the wife will mind me buying the Yeti SB66 in Carbon... hmmmmm may not walk for a while but hey all good things :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm 
Mondraker Dune 2011 Introduction:
The Dune´s are upgraded with a new frame with an important emphasis on the new Stealth (Side Alloy Structure) rear triangle. This 160mm platform now handles uphills as well as it handles downhills and thanks to all this new detail the new Dune weights 400 grams less than its predecessor.

Zero is the name of Mondraker’s proprietary suspension system and has been used on almost all of its full suspension bikes from the 2011 collection. The advantage that this suspension system provides is evident in all MTB riding from Trail/Marathon with 120mm travel to 200mm travel downhill bikes, covering all categories in between like All Mountain, Enduro and Freeride. The Zero suspension system has been optimized and adapted for every use or category and differentiates itself clearly from other suspension systems. The most significant difference of the Zero system is that the rear shock is floating between two links and is compressed from both ends. Depending on the optimization of the system and based on its usage, the lower link compresses the rear shock an average of about 35 % of its total length and the upper link approximately 65%. The positioning of the rear shock together with the compression that the shock receives from both sides makes this system unique. There are four key points that make the Zero Suspension system so incredibly effective: Zero power loss. Pedalling and suspension forces are perfectly balanced and it prevents any unwanted movements produced whilst pedalling resulting in maximum efficiency without extra compression or extension of the rear suspension. Zero pedal kickback. Chain length growth throughout the suspension travel is insignificant avoiding any backward movement of the crank set that could lead to poor pedalling efficiency or cadence. Zero brake jack. The brake forces do not alter the suspension system. The rear shock will absorb impacts without changing its function whilst using the rear brake. Zero bumps. The main characteristic of the system is its excellent absorption capacity at the same time high pedalling efficiency. The optimized trajectory of the rear axe and the linear nature of the rear shock assure very effective impact absorption

The Stealth Technology used for the Mondraker 2011 range is state of the art in terms of Industrial-Design and Structure-Optimization. Stealth comprehends all processes from the inspiration and creation of the first designs, to the calculation of the most precise details assuring and optimizing every single specific part of the structure. The Stealth technology is completely new, characterised by the rectangular shapes used in manufacturing as opposed to the more traditional round tubes. Each tube is carefully designed to carry out a specific function. By optimizing the production process, selecting the best materials, using tapered tubing and a selection of different alloys we can create an ultra-light tube set that is more resistant and rigid in the high stress areas of the frame. A perfect result of the Stealth Technology is in the ultra-light, ultra-strong downhill bike the Summum Pro Team; with a complete 15.5 KG weight it represents the best production World Cup Winning bike on the market today.

Foxy frame has an integrated IFD front derailleur system with an anchor rail instead of the classic brace which use to surround the seat post tube. This system is developed and named by Shimano as Direct Mount. Thanks to the new derailleur characteristics and the joint piece developed by Mondraker to get it fixed to the frame we get stiffness and a precision grade more superior to the rest of derailleur in the market.

Specification and Features of the Mondraker Dune 2011:
Frame Dune Stealth alloy Zero Suspension System Travel - 160mm
Rear Shock - Fox Float R XV Boost Valve 215x63.5mm
Forks Rock Shox Lyric SA R 160mm Tapered
Rear Derailleur Sram X7 Medium cage 10s
Front Derailleur Shimano SLX FD M-661-10D Direct mount
Shifters Sram Trigger X-7
Chainset Sram X7 S-1400 39x26T
Bottom Bracket Sram GXP
Chain Sram PC-1031 10s
Freewheel Sram PG-1050 12-36T 10s
Headset FSA Nº57-E1 1-1/8"->1/5" Reduced
Stem M-Decline AM 31.8mm 80/90/100mm
Handlebars Onoff AM 31.8mm 710mm
Front Brake Avid Juicy 3 185mm
Rear Brake Avid Juicy 3 185mm
Brake Levers Avid Juicy 3
Rims Onoff Draw wheelset
Front Hub Onoff Disc DH 20mm
Rear Hub Onoff Disc Qr
Spokes CN stainless
Tyres WTB Weirwolf 2.3 Comp
Saddle M-Decline Dune custom design
Seatpost Onoff Notion 0-R 31.6mm 350mm
Pedals Onoff Mtb Spd
Grips Onoff Diamond lock-on
Mondraker Dune 2011 is perfect for:
The Mondraker Dune is your big hitting friend. Whether you like to tear up the Alps in the summer months, compete at the Mega Avalanche or just love riding in your local woods the Dune is your perfect partner. 160mm of rear wheel travel makes the Dune capable of taking the big hits on a DH run and the Zero Suspensions performance will help you to pedal back to the top again so you can repeat the enjoyment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm 
Sorry about that, but that's what I was looking for a lot of info on the bike :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:48 pm 
And here it is REEEEEM :lol:

clown bike by harrylessman, on Flickr

I'd rather ride me bike than the Wife..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:05 pm 
Festa...!! what happened to the confidential agreement you signed we aint ready for the press release yet !! now the cover has been blown and the bike has gone public....... lmao....

Post subject: Re: Re: Mondraker Dune
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 pm 
Festa wrote:
and here it is REEEEEM :lol:

clown bike by harrylessman, on Flickr

wow suspension 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:27 pm 
Come with a spinning bow tie and floppy shoes, Cempa already has red nose and badly applied facial makeup lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 pm 
Blimey at this rate im gona keep my GT .......Not................im really looking forward to not letting you have go..........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm 
:crazy: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :crazy:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:50 pm 
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :high5:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm 
That Dune looks great, I love Mondraker. How heavy is it?
I would like a Tracker R or Foxy as the next bike.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:32 am 
It's quite light for a full sus at 13kg, yeah your right the foxy is nice but both myself and fesa tested both bikes a couple of times and we preferred the dune it just seemed to peddle real nice and just had a better riding position than the foxy...plus evancycles had £900 off on 2011 models which helps :-)