Forum


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The workshop shed & man cave thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:14 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
Thanks ggg.. might have a go with some chunky masonry raws to start with and if that doesn't work look at the resin fixes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop shed & man cave thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:24 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
Great vid on sorting internal housing

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features ... turman,109

Ive had trouble with this in the past


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:52 pm 
Posts: 217
Location: Saffron Walden
Nice vid, some good ideas. If i am changing gear cables i tend to use the existing one as my guide though, much quicker. Just pull the internal out, leaving the housing in the frame, then push your new internal through. Once it is in pull the external out, leaving the internal in the frame and push the new one over it, job done. Don't forget to oil/grease/lube your cables when you fit them for super smooth shifting. Brakes and stealth droppers are a whole different beast, but that connector idea is great in the vid.

--------------------------------------
GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:57 pm 
Posts: 14
Some awesome caves and ideas on here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:46 pm 
Posts: 294
I am in the process of converting my girlfriends garage... I am not sure she realises what she has agreed to! Need to get some peg boards and speakers!! Creating space is key... Lots of S hooks for wheels and shelves for stuff... Building little garages for silly things like lawnmowers to create more table like space on top. That and clothes rails for muddy bike stuff

--------------------------------------
Stay loose


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:46 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3539
Location: essex
tugger wrote:
I am in the process of converting my girlfriends garage... I am not sure she realises what she has agreed to! Need to get some peg boards and speakers!! Creating space is key... Lots of S hooks for wheels and shelves for stuff... Building little garages for silly things like lawnmowers to create more table like space on top. That and clothes rails for muddy bike stuff



i have these type bike holders for a couple of my bikes and i find they handily double as rails to hang damp or sweaty riding gear on coat hangers.

Image

Incidentally i trimmed and re-drilled mine to get the bikes closer to the wall so as to take up less space in the garage too.

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:05 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 197
nwmlarge wrote:
tugger wrote:
I am in the process of converting my girlfriends garage... I am not sure she realises what she has agreed to! Need to get some peg boards and speakers!! Creating space is key... Lots of S hooks for wheels and shelves for stuff... Building little garages for silly things like lawnmowers to create more table like space on top. That and clothes rails for muddy bike stuff



i have these type bike holders for a couple of my bikes and i find they handily double as rails to hang damp or sweaty riding gear on coat hangers.

Image

Incidentally i trimmed and re-drilled mine to get the bikes closer to the wall so as to take up less space in the garage too.



Hmmm they look promising - do you know where you got them/what make they were?

Most of the ones I've seen seem to have a fairly short 'arm' part so I always figured that the width of the handlebars wouldn't let the bike frame sit in the holder part 'squarely'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:26 pm 
Posts: 294
I just have simple hook device hangs front tyre. Works a treat, they're about £4 off inter web shops.

--------------------------------------
Stay loose


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:44 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3539
Location: essex
Nagmakava1 wrote:
nwmlarge wrote:
tugger wrote:
I am in the process of converting my girlfriends garage... I am not sure she realises what she has agreed to! Need to get some peg boards and speakers!! Creating space is key... Lots of S hooks for wheels and shelves for stuff... Building little garages for silly things like lawnmowers to create more table like space on top. That and clothes rails for muddy bike stuff



i have these type bike holders for a couple of my bikes and i find they handily double as rails to hang damp or sweaty riding gear on coat hangers.

Image

Incidentally i trimmed and re-drilled mine to get the bikes closer to the wall so as to take up less space in the garage too.



Hmmm they look promising - do you know where you got them/what make they were?

Most of the ones I've seen seem to have a fairly short 'arm' part so I always figured that the width of the handlebars wouldn't let the bike frame sit in the holder part 'squarely'.


They are just off eBay no brand.
They are fine with most width bars.
For the wide ones you can just tweak the bars slightly

--------------------------------------
Bike pics
www.pinkbike.com/u/nwmlarge/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:11 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
This is a great bodge - deffo going to try it.

Image

http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/How-To ... tlights%29

the KS switches are so hard on the thumbs and get water in em.

or

http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/how- ... st10074346


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:30 pm 
Posts: 217
Location: Saffron Walden
Have you got round to trying this yet Jon? I just bought a shifter of fleabay so will be giving it a go when it turns up.

--------------------------------------
GIANT TRANCE X 29er
BIRD AERIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:51 am 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
No not yet - let us know how you get on!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 3593
Got my DIY tubeless seater up and running - total cost £3 and works a treat.

Guides here



http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... al-cost-9p
http://www.pinkbike.com/u/lukachadwick/ ... tyle3.html
Attachments:
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 524.39 KiB | Viewed 249 times ]
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG [ 327.48 KiB | Viewed 249 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:53 am 
User avatar
Posts: 4987
Love it, will try it at some point, I have my technique down now with my track pump but I'm all for making it easy

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The workshop, man cave & bike maintance thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 am 
Posts: 1694
Me too Ian
I just pump like I'm doing an interval on a rowing machine


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron