Forum

Post subject: Waterproof jacket
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 pm 
Looking for a waterproof jacket, I tend to ride trails with some jumps so nothing restrictive for my moving around on the bike. I don't mind bright colours, just not fluorescent yellow.
Want it to look nice, water and windproof but breathable. Budget, £50-70? Just can't bring myself to spend more given I'm more than likely to crash or snag it on a bush and rip it :oops:

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: waterproof jacket
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:58 am 
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endu ... prod140371

I have got one of these, have brought a Endura water proof jacket before this as well. Have not had a chance to really test it out but looks alright. I would say it’s more for damp and wet trails than full on down poor. Have to agree with spending s**t loads on rain jackets, can’t bring myself to spend loads on them as you should reapply water proof agent after every few washes (don’t with detergent on it either)

The problem with any jacket is you either get wet from the rain or from your sweat.

--------------------------------------
RAF spitfire PEDAL-WORX RACEING

Post subject: Re: waterproof jacket
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:22 pm 
Fits the bill. Had looked at Endura already, Got a couple of pairs of their shorts which are fantastic quality. I don't go out in full downpour conditions really, that only happens if I get caught out in it, would normally be more damp or wet trails, usually spray, maybe the odd bit of rain, but thats about it.

Re water proofing them is just a pain.

So far I've just been using a very old jacket that has a fleece lining, its nice and warm when its cold, but missing the length at the back, looks a bit rubbish too.