Forum


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:43 am 
Posts: 345
Hire it the night before !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:43 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 551
Location: Chelmsford
Uh, up for a bacon with a bit of Avey Lane hill on the side. No pain no gain.

Had planned to go to Cyclopark with my son tomorrow but he now wants to ride to Hylands Park in the afternoon so I can fit both in. :D

See you there at 10. 4x4 with a roof box.

--------------------------------------
MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 2755
Location: Riding my bike somewhere
Whytey wrote:
Uh, up for a bacon with a bit of Avey Lane hill on the side. No pain no gain.

Had planned to go to Cyclopark with my son tomorrow but he now wants to ride to Hylands Park in the afternoon so I can fit both in. :D

See you there at 10. 4x4 with a roof box.

When do you let your son out of he roof box then ;-)



See you all their in morning... I'll be in my big black Tonka toy... With Corratec 29'er on back





Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:32 pm 
Posts: 41
Location: Earth
Yea I'll be there!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:20 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 551
Location: Chelmsford
chatman wrote:
Whytey wrote:
Uh, up for a bacon with a bit of Avey Lane hill on the side. No pain no gain.

Had planned to go to Cyclopark with my son tomorrow but he now wants to ride to Hylands Park in the afternoon so I can fit both in. :D

See you there at 10. 4x4 with a roof box.

When do you let your son out of he roof box then ;-)


lol, did it really sound like that? I could lock him in the roof box until he promises to come off that bloody PS3.

--------------------------------------
MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:29 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 2755
Location: Riding my bike somewhere
Got a few more joining us for the fun in the sun tomorrow... I sorta forgot to tell em about the hills so it can be a nice surprise after the bacons :-) :-) :-)


Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 am 
Posts: 102
Inner tubes had it. Changing now but think your long gone haha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 2755
Location: Riding my bike somewhere
Good ride today fellas.. Nice mix of riders but we did manage to loose a few and loose and find some others.. Found some new bits to add into the ride so could eek out another few miles and make it good spin on a Sunday.. Think the cafe bacons went down a treat, all helps getting up the hill..;-)

Almost cracked 8 mins up their be it 9 sec over.. :-)

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 720
Location: Cake shop
Hey Bingham... sorry we lost you especially on your first ride with us :( by the time we realized you were gone we were a way down the road and couldn't figure out exactly where we'd dropped you.

As it was we all lost each other at various points and only met up again by following the smell of bacon ;)

But... a good ride with lovely weather even if we all rode slightly different routes :D

Avey Lane... 9:22 for me ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:41 pm 
Posts: 102
No worries no worries at all . As you come off the the big downhill across the road and up the hill i noticed it was going down so got off and pumped up. Then jumped back on and was coming down where you were waiting at gravel track you rode on and tyre gave up the ghost again. It was split on the valve . So changed inner tube and managed to spot lestershaw at field station who showed me a few routes around epping which i really appreciate. All in all good day out . Hope tyre holds up next time! Lol unfortunately didnt time avey lane :( .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:54 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 551
Location: Chelmsford
No idea what my time was on the Avey Lane but I its my second attempt and this time I did stay on the bike. Big grin on my face when I made the top. ITS THE BACON that did it, I did not have it last time around. Who needs those pathetic gel tubes when there is bacon? Long live the Bacon!

Good to see that Bingham managed to get a good ride today. I did feel bad when we noticed that you were left behind, knowing that it took you over 1hr to drive to Bury Rd. Bugeye told me you were with Lester so that was good.

--------------------------------------
MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:26 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 551
Location: Chelmsford
Lester, the Rockstar looks awesome in flesh. Lovely frame. Good job there mate.

--------------------------------------
MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm 
User avatar
Posts: 223
chatman wrote:
Good ride today fellas.. Nice mix of riders but we did manage to loose a few and loose and find some others.. Found some new bits to add into the ride so could eek out another few miles and make it good spin on a Sunday.. Think the cafe bacons went down a treat, all helps getting up the hill..;-)

Almost cracked 8 mins up their be it 9 sec over.. :-)


Judging by your time, i reckon i did it in something like 7 minutes 50 seconds ish. I will time it properly next time out on Strava.

Was a great ride and a great day out. Looking forward to the next one. The slicks worked a treat today :D

--------------------------------------
GT Chucker XS1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:57 pm 
Posts: 102
Whytey wrote:
Good to see that Bingham managed to get a good ride today. I did feel bad when we noticed that you were left behind, knowing that it took you over 1hr to drive to Bury Rd. Bugeye told me you were with Lester so that was good.
was about an hour but didnt seem that long as there wasnt much traffic on the roads at all. Yeh was a good day out and big thabkyou to lester for showing me some off road routes and was well needed seeing as i will be doing the msg rendlesham next weekend !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Epping 9th March
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 am 
Posts: 345
Whytey thanks for the thumbs up on the rockstar :-)

cant believe my crank ( and the attached shoe) fell off before i got out of the car park, then i bumped into Bingham who was practicing tyre changes, i doubt if he will get work in formula 1.

did Avey lane in 6 minutes , 1 crank, large chain ring and smallest sprocket, you werent there so dont say i didnt, although Bingham was there and overtook me, well i waved him through.

a strange day but enjoyable,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: