Forum

Post subject: Epping Forest Night Ride 23rd Feb
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 am 
Who's up for this week's Epping night ride on Wednesday (23rd Feb)? Weather not looking too bad at this stage...

Chating with Karve on the way back from Cwmcarn we thought we would start from Loughton but get the tube up to Epping and head back from there this week.

Start at c. 19.00 at Stubbles Car Park @ Nursery Road / Connaught Av junction or 19.05 at Loughton tube or later if that works better for people

Don't forget your oyster card!

Post subject: Re: Epping Night Ride 23rd Feb
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 pm 
Yea man liking the idea of this - usually the top of the forest is out of bounds till its dry!

I do have an eye test on the day and they might have to dilate them - if they havent gone back to normal then i wont make it out but will let you know in good time.

Meet at the station sounds good for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am 
If I can get my lights sorted then cool. Will hopefully know by Tues if they gonna replace them!!!

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:56 am 
Morning chaps,

Can't do Wed. Is Tue an option?...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm 
Noel wrote:
If I can get my lights sorted then cool. Will hopefully know by Tues if they gonna replace them!!!

If you or somene else can collect you can borrow my MaxxD on a you break you pay policy if you like ;) Got Petzyl 350w head torch as well if you want, my bike won't be fixed and I'm still recovering from this cold so won't be needing them :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:06 pm 
I can do either Tuesday or Weds. Noel I have my hope lights you can borrow as well.

Peet what have you done to your bike?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm 
Ok awesome! I am in either Tues or Wed!

Very kind Peet and Jon. Hopefully I will have my lights sorted but if not I will give you a shout. Thanks!

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 pm 
Karve wrote:

Well....taking a very average hardtail down red routes on the Broders for 3 days in the rain and...well....no brakes left, no suspension - I can cope with no suspension for now but I kinda need my rear brakes - although my skills have def improved since trying not to miss corners and tree hug with no brakes!! In fact on the last ride on Sunday I managed to get 45kmph on a tarmac hill on the way home - with the rear brake on FULL!! :lol: :lol:

Should be sorted this weekend and talks underway about maybe getting a sponsored piece of carbon late March. I won't say anymore though as I don't want to scare away the generous fairies - what I will say is if I can ride my piece of sh*t up and down hills and not kill myself then I should be fine when I get a real bike ;)

Until then, I will keep providing the entertainment on group rides :roll:

Post subject: Re: Epping Night Ride 22nd Feb
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:18 pm 
Looks like Tuesday 22nd's the better day - let's go for that.

Meet at 19.00 at Stubbles car park and 19.05 at Loughton tube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:52 pm 
Cheers Ad! See you in the car park (oyster card in hand).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:16 pm 
Peet wrote:
Karve wrote:

Well....taking a very average hardtail down red routes on the Broders for 3 days in the rain and...well....no brakes left, no suspension - I can cope with no suspension for now but I kinda need my rear brakes - although my skills have def improved since trying not to miss corners and tree hug with no brakes!! In fact on the last ride on Sunday I managed to get 45kmph on a tarmac hill on the way home - with the rear brake on FULL!! :lol: :lol:

TBH in Epping at the moment we are pedalling downhill such is the mudfest - no need for brakes lol and a hardtail is definatly the best bike for the current conditions.

Tuesday is good for me fellas - ill meet you at the Station at 7.05 - should be fun scaring the commuters