Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Epping - Sunday 11th September - Northern Exposure
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 am 
Apologies, alarm didn't go off - woke up 30 mins too late. Gonna make my way down to epping again for a 2 hour ride. See ya'll next time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:25 pm 
Pete I'm local to Braintree to so could give you a lift next time. Was a good ride today. 15 turned out. Ended up missing the 2nd loop due to call from work:(. Good to meet some more people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm 
Hey Guys, good ride today, I've just finished washing me bike. Sorry for holding you all up. I will get fitter or have a heart attack, whichever comes first!

Thanks for showing us round Karve, you have good knowledge of the forest and where to find the best bits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:15 pm 
Karve is God!! :clap: :clap:
Bloody good ride today. It was muddy but still rideable. Very technical at times trying to keep karve's pace and sorting the tricky puddles of waster and mud that hid some roots. Ok, sometimes the best solution was going straight :p
Got 5 minutes late because I was using the Garmin to get there and pointed me to the wrong High Beech parking brr!! Since I got Garmin I'm getting late everywhere :crazy:

--------------------------------------
My sponsor in Spain
http://aplbike.com

Post subject: Epping - Sunday 11th September - Northern Exposure
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:17 pm 
Yea best bit after a muddy wet ride is then cleaning the bike afterwards..

Good mix of routes today.. Like the north side.. So two offs, banging my head on a branch and loosing a glass lens = bloody good fun..

Oh those of you that went off early... You missed the best bit hahahahaha 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 pm 
I did an impromptu endo in a big mud bath but just managed to stay upright, had numerous slips and loss of traction on rooty corners.

Worst was the second loop and I was almost taken out by a big tree, I clipped my helmet and dragged my Camelback across it, scraped my right arm and still made the corner just.

I loved that big rooty bomb hole on the southern loop, was the highlight of the ride for me, so technical and required nerves of steel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 pm 
Good ride guys .. it was nice to meet everyone. The pace was pretty good for a big group! Few pics below. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:50 pm 
ForwardLean wrote:
One thing that strikes me as a bit weird for a bunch of riders who obviously enjoy their freeriding, is that you start at 9am.. on a Sunday!? :) Even 11am starts are early for me at weekends

LOL - I remember asking that question a few years back... why does everyone go out at these stupid early times.. then i got married an had a kid and now im out at 9 ;) It will happen to you too bro!

Plus if you go uplifting anywhere they start at 10 at the latest so ur kitting up / meeting at 9.30 anyways. Were uplifting at Triscombe in 2 weeks and I imagine some of the fellas will be leaving home at 5.30am for that bad boy.

Check the Jumps, Freeride and Downhill for the more freeride based meet ups. :thumbup:

Post subject: Epping Forest - Sunday 11th September - Northern Exposure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:21 am 
Or when your kids grow up your be glad of the 'dad' time out and freedom, so early starts mean more fun time to have racing around on the trails... Always nice seeing their faces when you return home covered head to toe in mud and load the washing machine up... Priceless 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

Post subject: Re: Epping Forest - Sunday 11th September - Northern Exposur
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm 
Karve Cheers for the ride out yesterday. i enjoyed it but i think my bro and a few of the others at the back were getting a little of frustrated.
Some good pictures but none of me :(

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 pm 
Hey Karve, what happened to the action shots of the log crossing, was it poor exposure due to the wooded setting causing dim light?

I was at the back and wasn't frustrated, just felt bad for holding everyone up!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 pm 
Duckcm18 wrote:
Hey Karve, what happened to the action shots of the log crossing, was it poor exposure due to the wooded setting causing dim light?

I was at the back and wasn't frustrated, just felt bad for holding everyone up!

Too dark and I wasnt quick enough to fiddle with the settings to compensate :geek:

VW-surfbum wrote:
Karve Cheers for the ride out yesterday. i enjoyed it but i think my bro and a few of the others at the back were getting a little of frustrated.
Some good pictures but none of me :(

Yea really tricky to get the balance right with such a big group really... its always going to be too slow for those at the front and too fast for those out back.. the mud made it hard going and the North is technically more challenging. I was surprised at how well we all kept together :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:28 pm 
Dont get me wrong i loved it, i since discovered that anything more than a couple he doesnt like.

Tony (green jacket) was not enjoying his nobbie nicks, and felt that he was going to slide off any moment :cry:
Whats peoples recomendations for you small wheelers over epping? i'll pass it on.

Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

Post subject: Epping Forest - Sunday 11th September - Northern Exposure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:31 pm 
Interested to hear tyre advice for mud.. Particularly since I seem to get on ok with my Nobby Nic up front in the mud of Hockley, etc...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 pm 
Although they've been around for ages I still run the non-asb version of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=54055
They still make these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=45836 which are a mud classic and where great when I had them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next