Forum

Post subject: Epping - Sunday 6th March HB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:55 pm 
Ninja and I are meeting at 9 a.m. at HB Tea Hut.

Anyone else up for it?

Post subject: Re: Epping - Sunday 6th March HB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm 
Hi guys,

I've been informed that EHC has been abandoned so signed up here now.

i'm up for going out for a spin tomorrow see you @ 9

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm 
Evening,

Yep i'm up for it. What bikes am i looking out for?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm 
I've got a white, hardtail GT with black forks; drive a blue (some say purple; i disagree) seat ibiza

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm 
Cool. See you at 9.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 am 
Anyone make it out - what are conditions like? It looks like it might be dry till late in the week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 pm 
Hiya Karve

conditions were actually pretty decent out there.
We rode the north (not entirely sure where though, you'd have to check wiv ninja or grin). Few boggy patches of standing water but a nice ride, especially once the sun was out.
There's some nice little technical log obsticles we came across, had a few runs back and forth over them.

Yeah, hopefully if it stays nice during the week it'll be nice and dry for the next few weekends. Sure the south will still be a horrid marshland though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
Karve wrote:
Anyone make it out - what are conditions like? It looks like it might be dry till late in the week.

got there late, so missed the lads ride.

Most of the singletrack was muddy and crap so headed to the dh areas, which mostly require pedalling to go downhill.
Ended up just riding the dry runs, eventually cleared all the water off one. bike didnt need cleaning which was a bonus.

Aint been there for a while, but the run up to the path gap has been cleared, luckily the brakes worked so managed to stop in time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 pm 
beardee wrote:

got there late, so missed the lads ride. .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on Chris give them the mobile dog bog story :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 am 
Grin wrote:
beardee wrote:

got there late, so missed the lads ride. .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on Chris give them the mobile dog bog story :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woke up, knee felt shit from a fall 2days earlier on the only rock in that part of the forest, so bailed on gorrick spring 4 and msg warm up, and headed for epping at 9 instead with the lads. Was late, very late, got there by 9.40ish. Please note, this is a new (to me) car and first time I ever driven to epping with a bike in over 4.5years. Get out, leaving car door open as Im listening to the radio. Take bike off bike rack, open boot,, change shoes, see dog running towrds, then it disappers. Im changing me shoes and socks so cant move. Notice dog is sat on drivers seat. Im allergic to dogs so put shoes on and goto to remove dog, dog gets picked up and runs off to owner. Have a quick look at the fucking dog has used the drivers seat at a toilet. Yell at owner who disappears. Another of the owners comes over apologies and I curse at her for a bit, she disappears. I was fucked off, so decided Id ask em for money to clean car seat. Ride off to check out where they have gone, see them in the distance so return to car to lock up, get ready. set off after them and theyve disappeared. So if youre reading this, email be your address and if ill use your letterbox/sunroof as a toilet if Im caught short when out cycling or driving. Took about 3/4 hr to see the funny side/stop trying to find the owners.

:D