Forum

Post subject: First Time at Epping
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 pm 
Hi All,

Went to Epping for my first time on Saturday just gone and parked at High Beach. It was a bit like blind leading the blind as was with a mate and we had never been there before. Is anyone able to point me in the right directions. Found what looked like it was an amazing downhill section but never got the chance to do it as my friend had to head back. (if i describe in very breif detail i.e. safe so that any of those trail destroyers can't locate it) you could say if it's good and suitable for someone who has just got back into riding?

Post subject: Re: First Time at Epping
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
If it looks like people have been building then rather don't mention it, just join the guys next time they are out.

But to be fair, apart from 1 or 2 specific places I reckon most of Epping is fine for beginners.

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:47 pm 
Hi Noel,

Thanks for the feedback. I only took a look at one and to be honest it just looked pretty natural and was wondering if it was a trail on not. Being that i hadn't been there before i didn't want to get part way down and then get lost!!!! Fingers crossed weather will be good this weekend so i can head back there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:08 pm 
I wouldnt worry about getting lost. all routes eventually lead to a road.

I will be out this weekend, happy to show you some good single track. I know Grin and Ninja often do a 9am sun ride?

--------------------------------------
http:www.ttspersonaltraining.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm 
I'll be down on Saturday, if you want to ride the trails then a group of use meetat Bury Road in Chingford at 11.

There's two groups, slow and fast.

We ridetil about 4 with a lucnh break.

Feel free to drop by and either ask for Michael (thats' me) of loo for the ting silver bike)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 am 
Hullo Robs2211 :) - the group MCHardmanUK mentions are here if you need more details http://www.epping-forest-mbc.co.uk/join/ as Noel mentioned there are always rides going on here at essexhertsmtb but not always at a set time so well worth checking back to see whats up.

Where abouts are you based?

Also don't be afraid to explore on your own - Noels right your never far from a road if your feeling lost - Ill pm you a link to a map which show you the breath of trails that there are to explore. There are oddles!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 pm 
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little unfit and cautious at the moment so wouldn't want to hold to many people up. Got a bike last year after not riding since I was about 15 / 16 and now 30 so lost the no fear type approach. The fitness is picking back up again though.

Noel - i was thinking of heading down there on Friday but i will let you know for sure.

karve - yeah that would be much appreciated if you could PM me. I am based in Saffron Walden so Epping is only about 40 mins from me at the most.

Michael - thanks for the offer, I may have to take a miss on this Saturday but for sure i will let you know.

Thanks
Rob