Forum

Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 pm 
Re-introducing myself, as when I first joined the forum I posted in the downhill section for some reason. I'm not really a jumper, so not sure how I managed to miss the XC forum! :D

Anyway, great to see so many people riding in Essex. Been riding about a year now (got bored with road cycling), and have ridden the woodland trails north of the common in Danbury once a week since the clocks changed. I work in Maldon, so Danbury's great for a blast before dinner.

I love it over at Danbury, and have found myself a route that takes in plenty of singletrack in Lingwood Common, Pheasanthouse Wood, Woodham Walter Common, Scrub Wood, Heather Hills and Thrift Wood. Still finding bits and pieces; amazing how much is packed into a small space.

I'm keen to join one of the Epping rides soon if that's okay? Heard its great over the in the summer, and would make a change from Danbury. Training for a 60k enduro in the Chilterns, so be nice to mix up my longer weekend ride. I'd be delighted to return the favour if anyone fancies checking out the trails over my way.

Anyone ever ridden Hockley Woods too? I live in Burnham, so that's only half hour or so from me.

I ride a red Cannondale SL hardtail and sport a girly white and pink helmet that was in the sale (probably because it looks like a girl's lid). :D

Cheers,

Jono.

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:06 am 
Welcome to the forum, Jono.

Theres plenty of Epping rides on here and theres quite a few danbury riders too.

Whats the 60k race youre training for in the chilterns?

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 am 
Cheers Beardee.

Its not a race, just one of those Trailbreak Southern 100 things. Would link to it, but the site is down at the mo. I did one a few years back, and it was really tough as I wasn't used to those distances, hence the training thing time!