Forum

Post subject: Re: New DH trail Epping forest
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:16 pm 
NealeRodger wrote:
Hello,

There appears to be a line appearing on the new trail I've started at the top of 'Masda Laguna Seca' (strava). There is a shovel up there behind the drop so it would be cool if folk riding it could help with some building.

I've found an awsome natural berm through some trees and need help to clear and build to link them together.

If you would like to help let me know?

Thanks everyone.

Neale

Hello dude.. I checked out your handy work the other day.. its pretty rad to see someone keen to maintain / build.

One thing - Ive been riding the forest for 12 years and every-time someone builds something obvious, soon enough the forest busy bodies kick up a fuss and the forest rangers come along with a big cat or digger and tear it up. There is no dialogue with anyone they just do it. Sometimes things last a few weeks sometimes 18 months but it always gets torn down. The issue is that they not only tear up the stuff you've built, but ruin anything near by.

Normally I love people cutting in new lines but IMO the work your doing could be putting Laguna Seca (which is a great natural 15yo+ trail ) at risk.

Maybe consider removing the trail edge markers, its easy to see the trail without them, and im not sure if that is a big jump being built at the bottom but maybe consider finding a place well away from existing trails to build it.

Bikers are tolerated by the rangers rather than encouraged so any trail work has to appear completely natural or be built in a low traffic area where no one will find it.

Cheers

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:51 am 
Some of the lines over in the forest the dog walkers use now as well, been going down some natural off piste trail and come across fido and their owner walking up, this trail is hidden away and not a natural walkers route

--------------------------------------
Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:29 pm 
Looks like Il have to head over to Epping at some point and try and find these trails